Logging a mixed cardio-strength workout

Options
Hi everyone,
I work out with a trainer and most of the things he has me do are both cario and strength. I would like to figure out something I can look up as a ball-park estimate for a 50 minute work out without having to log 10-20 different exercises.
But both cardio and strength I mean my heart is beating fast, I'm panting and my muscles hurt.

For example, one thing we do somewhat regularly, and isn't listed is called (by him at least) a farmer's carry - where I hold a kettle bell weight above my hand with one hand and walk back and forth across the gym. My legs get weak, my arm is shaking, my abs are being worked because it's lopsided and i have to use core muscles to keep from tipping over.

I might do 4 reps of that and then 5 kettle bell swings - same thing, at least for me. it's cardio and strength.

Any clue as to what generic thing i can use (I don't care if it's not exact). Would logging it as circuit training be close?

Thanks

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's circuit training.

The carry you're describing. Above your hand? as in inverted? or above your head?

Farmers carry is bilateral. What you're describing is a called a suitcase carry if your arm is down. And a bad idea if your arm is up.
  • 0ysterboy
    0ysterboy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree, you are describing circuit training
  • Carolyntx16
    Carolyntx16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    0ysterboy wrote: »
    I agree, you are describing circuit training

thank you - that's exactly what I wanted to know. Much appreciated.

• Carolyntx16
    Carolyntx16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

The carry you're describing. Above your hand? as in inverted? or above your head?

Farmers carry is bilateral. What you're describing is a called a suitcase carry if your arm is down. And a bad idea if your arm is up.

Thanks on the circuit training. I apologize for using the wrong terminology. I was trying to describe something and give an example.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Thanks on the circuit training. I apologize for using the wrong terminology. I was trying to describe something and give an example.

Not a problem. I was mostly concerned that base on your description you're doing laps holding a KBell like the Statue of Liberty's torch vs as a suitcase or bowling bag.

One of which is a pretty standard exercise. The other is potentially hazardous to you or bystanders.