Last 20 lbs

Options
I’m feeling stuck. I’ve lost 70 lbs in the last year, 60 in 8 months, but it’s really hard to get the last 20 off.
I’m running/hiking/climbing at least 10 miles a week, and also doing a solid strength training program. I eat clean, and I do intermittent fasting (for spiritual reasons, but I feel the health benefits too). I do not count calories, but I used to and I know I’m not going over 1500/day.
I am looking for some ideas to bump things up.
Thanks.

Replies

• RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I feel like most advice when someone isn't counting is to start just to check you are on track.
    Also using a food scale to make sure you are accurate.

If you do that for a couple weeks to make sure your are on point with your estimations and don't lose anything then you know that's not the problem.
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    September 2017 vs yesterday (May 2018)
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    20 calories off on your estimate here and 35 calories off there can really add up over the course of the day.

Those last pounds require more precision with your calorie intake if you struggle to lose them since a lower deficit gives less wiggle-room for inaccuracies.
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I’m actually more concerned that I’m under-eating. Can’t that screw things up too? I’ll try to count for a while and see where things are at. Thanks.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Are you having medical problems? Hair loss, brittle nails, very lethargic etc. those are the main signs I have seen people mention when they actually were undereating.

If you aren't losing weight is the only reason you think you are undereating, I would be hesitant to suggest that is the main reason without a fastidously kept food journal to back you up. (Not saying that you aren't but it wouldn't be my first guess).

If you are struggling with workouts with your current food plan perhaps changing up the macros or the time of day you eat certain foods.

Lastly I will point out the less you weigh the less calories you burn when working out. Also now that I think about it, is there any reason you believe you should be losing at 1500? You didn't give your stats myfitnesspal gave you aka the baseline calories that you should eat at and how much calories of exercise you are adding to that baseline, but is it possible 1500 is the maintenance calories for your weight atm?