70 lbs, pics

Options
I’m still working on the last 20.
Size 22 to 6, but in that one picture I’m wearing size 4 jeans!

Replies

• Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Well done!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    It hardly looks like you. You look great. Nice job.
  • wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • RedBull46
    RedBull46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Damnnnn! Wow, you have really accomplished a great change. Well done on your hard work. How long did it take you to lose 70 pounds? Did you incorporate exercise, or just track your food?
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • baacissej
    baacissej Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My phone won't let me view the pics but that's such a great achievement! I'm a size 24 at the moment (largest I've ever been) and would like to get to a 14. Maybe even more eventually but I think losing 6 stone is more than a realistic goal for me for now. Knowing that someone around my size has managed to lose so much is very inspirational and motivating, so congrats and thank you for sharing :)
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    what a huge accomplishment! be proud of yourself and continue your journey :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    That was a lot of hard work and you look so happy and fabulous. congratulations!
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done! You’re an inspiration!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I’m still working on the last 20.
    Size 22 to 6, but in that one picture I’m wearing size 4 jeans!

Congratulations! You look amazing, healthy and happy!! I am currently in size 20 (down from a 26) and I’ve NEVER been below an 11 in my life. You are such an inspiration to me! May I ask? What are your tips for success? And how long did it take you to get there? Blessings!

• wanderingarcher
    wanderingarcher Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    To answer some questions:

I lost about ten lbs over a year or so because I started walking. The last 60 was in the past 8 months.
    I went through 18 years of an abusive marriage, 8 children, and a difficult separation 2.5 years ago. I had gotten to a really bad place of trying to numb my pain with all kinds of things. Sugar was one of the biggest. But also social media and movie binging, etc.
    I decided to stop numbing my pain. I dropped the crutches one at a time. When I’d start to hurt, I’d stop what I was doing and get alone with God and give it to Him and ask for His help. Sometimes that was on the floor in my bedroom, sometimes it was out on a hiking trail. I have found that facing my pain has allowed God to bring things out and really heal me.

I also rediscovered my love for being outdoors and for running. I started lifting three times a week (just at home with dumbbells, though now I’m doing more whole-body movements without weights). I also used to be a very active dancer, and have been healed enough that I am able to dance again.

I set small goals. “Lose 5 lbs by the end of this month” or “fit into one size smaller in two months”. I set goals that I knew were easy, and felt awesome when I surpassed them.

I don’t like counting calories (sorry MFP!). I get too obsessed with food and my weight. I just chose tiny portions. I didn’t restrict any type of food at first, but I’ve found that over time I’ve preferred healthy foods. Junk and sugar makes me feel sick and depressed.
    I also fast intermittently. That’s because my life is insane and I am desperate for God, but it definitely has health benefits beyond the spiritual. It seems to reboot my system and helps me keep on track.

I still fight the temptation to numb pain. Sometimes I’ll movie binge again or something, but it’s a process. I’m learning how to manage the pain and stress in healthy ways. I’m very thankful for the grace of God in how He helped me to turn to Him.

Thanks for the encouragement!
    20 lbs to go! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!