Keto favorites and tips!

Options
Duelltolose
Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
Hey everyone!!

I'm super excited to be starting Keto today. I'm starting off with making a bunch of egg bacon cups. I'm not an early bird so I feel like this will help me on the days I work.

I'd love to hear everyone's favorite recipes and some tips. I'm brand new to this and I'm sure other fellow keto's would love to know some as well.

I just ordered
"The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle" for $6.95 on Amazon due to the great reviews. I'll be getting that Tuesday.

Being on a Keto diet, what's your calorie intake for a day?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Look for the low Carber Daily MFP group. There's usually a few recipe threads going at any time.

My calorie intake is pretty much the same if not keto. When losing I eat around 1500 kcal. When maintaining I eat over 2000 kcal.

My tip is to increase your sodium to at least 3000-5000mg a day. That is roughly 2.5 teaspoons of salt. When carbs are lowered you lose water and electrolytes - you need to make sure that you replace list sodium.

My favorite recipe is probably cheeseburger pie. It's a couple lbs of ground beef, a cup shredded cheddar, a 1/2-1 c mayo, 1/4-1/2 c ketchup, mustard, and about 6-7 eggs.baked. Yummy.