Judgment Free Zone

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I used to like gummy bears and then they changed the recipe...why mess with something that works?

What brand are you referring to though?

Haribo. There is only one brand as far as I'm concerned. I'm in the UK though

There are only 2 brands of gummy bears Haribo and the rest of them.

That being said, Auntie anne's makes some pretty good gummy treats.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Haribo gummies are really good. Did y'all ever try the ones shaped like cherries?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Freeing yourself of dieting is just the tip of the iceberg. You can use your dreams to teach yourself all kinds of new cognitive behaviors. They will give you confidence.

Thoughts always precede behaviors. Old habitual thought patterns create deep grooves in your brain. They can lead to overeating and poor eating lifestyle choices.

Your tolerance and indifference for lifelong cravings and food triggers is a muscle that will grow stronger with use.

http://"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evqvefc4fqM[/url]
  • Diatonic12
    Haribo gummies are really good. Did y'all ever try the ones shaped like cherries?

No, but I might. I like extra sour ones but there's too much sugar dusted on the outside. I like cinnamon, berry flavor and I always throw the green and yellow ones away. Some strange artificial twangy flavors are not worth the effort.
  • Diatonic12
    welcome-to-whats-your-dream.jpg.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I am a DIY kind of gal, this recipe sounds like fun. https://www.thespruceeats.com/gummy-bears-recipe-520896
  • Diatonic12
    edited June 2018
    On the first part of my weight releasing journey I had some really intense dreams while tooling along.

I would always be floating near the top of a stadium or just about to sail away into the sky. It was liberating but sometimes it was scary. One night, David Letterman was in my dream. He was in the stadium trying to help me get down from the top of the ceiling. I was hanging onto helium balloons. He told me it was alright to come down from there. I don't know if I really wanted to.

Dreams are a wonderful escape but they're teaching tools, too. They're part of your new equipment, toolkit for the difficult times. The really important dreams you will always remember. There are dreams I had years and years ago, I can remember them like they were yesterday. Use them for your healing and problem solving.

I've been here since 2016, but I've just started sharing recently. I know how to encourage myself and I can talk to myself until the cows come home but connection with others is strong medicine. The brain is a funny thing. You have to keep tending to it like a garden. It is your garden. There are weeds and root rot hiding in there. Stinkin' Thinkin'....but there are tender shoots and little flowers, too.

While you're on your weight releasing journey, there will be days when you have to throw everything up against the wall to see what sticks. Talking yourself away from those old deep grooves in the brain and making some happy new trails.

bob%20ross%20trees%20happy.jpgIt's all fun. Really.
  • 100_PROOF_
    Mari22na wrote: »

No, but I might. I like extra sour ones but there's too much sugar dusted on the outside. I like cinnamon, berry flavor and I always throw the green and yellow ones away. Some strange artificial twangy flavors are not worth the effort.

I also throw the green and yellow away! We're long lost sisters!
  • Diatonic12
    edited June 2018
    http://"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcgEf1kJ3wo[/url]

I'm free fallin', yeah baby. I'm headed over to the swimming pool and going to swim for a couple hours.

I'm a bad boy 'cause I don't even miss her
    I'm a bad boy, for breaking her heart

Those lyrics get me every single time because they are so truthful. Tom Petty. RIP, 'cause you are missed.

I've had my heart broken but I like what Salma says.

649989-Salma-Hayek-Quote-My-heart-has-been-stolen-too-but-I-ve-gone-and.jpg.
  • 100_PROOF_
    Do you also like vanilla ice ? Not the food but the rapper !
  • Diatonic12
    edited June 2018
    Yes, I like every music genre.

76cb607e7517efe558d6dbdce49d6b10--inspirational-music-quotes-best-music-quotes.jpg.
  • Diatonic12
    Giving myself permission to stop dieting is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I choose to no longer assign moral judgments to food. Clean Eating vs. Dirty Eating. Good girl and bad girl, good foods and bad foods. Good Day or Bad Day. Carbs or No Carbs. All or Nothing.

Giving myself permission to stop going to the gym was liberating. True freedom. I never enjoyed one minute there and it was always like rubbing up against sandpaper.

To say that I am happier without all of it is to understate my personality by several thousand degrees. At some particular point in time, you may reach the tipping point with all of it, too.

I support those with delicate health and weight loss struggles, it is so very hard. I rail against shorter lifespans caused by dieting and rebounding back with every pound plus friends. I don't want you or me to go out like that.

• Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    edited June 2018
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Freedom to share about your weight releasing journey, maintenance, how you've stopped yourself from falling back into old patterns and habits that lead to rebound weight gain. How you were able to right your ship through. How do you handle food triggers. So much of food and weight stability is mental. How we think about things, approach them, work through them. How do you continue on. This is a judgment free zone.

re: falling back into old habits...

One thing that works for me really well is remembering how terrible my old habits made me feel. And I had some terrible habits before this weight loss journey: no exercise, drank soda like crazy, and ate TONS of junk food. I used to lounge on the couch in front of the TV for hours (I counted 6 hours one time!) And then I could never figure out why I felt so lousy all the time. I got sick frequently (in/out of doctors' offices, got the flu every six months like clockwork, etc.) I wasn't just tired all the time, I was flat out exhausted and couldn't figure out why. It was my poor lifestyle at that time. Nowadays I eat healthy, exercise regularly, drink TONS of water every single day, no more soda/ junk food, and (*knock on wood*) I only go to the doctor's for an annual physical.

I'm a bit stubborn in that every once in a while, I get tempted to fall back into that old pattern again of eating junk food and vegging in front of the TV all night. And every time that happens, any time I think "boy wouldn't it be great to get some junk food and veg out with a good movie or tv show?!" I think again: it might be great for two seconds, and then it wouldn't be so great because I would start falling back into old patterns that make me feel downright lousy. Not great, not worth it. Because you aren't rewarding that temptation by feeding into it, it goes away and it gets easier each time to say no.

We always remember how something makes us feel, and that can be the best way to deter old bad habits from coming back.
  • Diatonic12
    edited June 2018
    Engaging in hot debate over which quick weight loss miracle cure is the best no longer interests me. You have to be careful with too much dieting. It can become the new addiction that replaces food addiction.

Recovery can become the addiction.

Turn around and take a good hard look at your life. Can you count on less than 5 fingers the number of times that you have found true weight stability in your life. If so, think about giving yourself permission to stop dieting.

The stats for weight loss stability after all of the dieting is done is less than 5% within 5 years. I no longer want to be in that number.

Make sure what you're doing and putting yourself through isn't mostly a huge rationalization because it sounds really familiar to me. Where have I heard that before, oh yeah.... the former dieting me.

There will always be another food hack or mono-meal hack coming around the corner. The world will always be populated with environments and breakrooms at the office that won't support your overall health and wellbeing. You might as well get used to it if you want your health a priority.

Just keep tooling along with your MFP food tracking because it works. Especially for those of us who have messed up our metabolic cues from waaaaay too much dieting. Your personal journal will keep your hands busy during some inevitable rough patches.

Dieting and food hacks encourage the concept of NEVER. All or nothing. Good or Bad. Clean or Dirty Eating. When the entirety of life is just too huge to contemplate without the ability to enjoy a sandwich or bowl of your grandmother's pasta ever again...many will throw in the towel and go on a thrill eating ride.

I'll start over tomorrow or on July 1, nooo, maybe after July 4th. There's no such thing as the perfect day to start or the perfect day to end. That's all or nothing thinking and it only digs a much deeper hole for you you.

Every day you make a decision to eliminate about 4 or 5 food groups is another day of riding on the dieting merry-go-round. There's always a wrecking ball and another day of reckoning coming. The body is bent on survival.

Getting off the dieting crazytrain is the strategy I've used and it's breaks the wild swings up and down, the crazytrain cycles of quick weight loss and rapid rebound.

Write down all of the dieting rules and regulations you are following. Save them for a rainy day when you fall off the dieting crazytrain. Reassess without rationalizations.

If you haven't found any true lasting stability with your weight in the last 5 years or 50 years, doing what you've always done will get you what you've always gotten. It's time for a change, make lasting changes that you can live with for the rest of your life.

Don't look to the left or right or listen to anyone harping more dieting blather into your ears. Get off their train. Find your food sane. Give yourself permission to do absolutely everything on your own terms. That's freedom.

Really reach for happiness every day. Don't let anyone marsh your mellow or be your master controller. Take full responsibility for everything. All of your decisions. With each passing day, you'll make better ones.

Knowledge takes away all of the fear.

http://"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNb-8gLcXLs[/url].

Dieting no longer owns me.

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    I prefer vodka infused gummy bears but I see you failed to mention them! Have you not tried them yet?

Bourbon bears

https://www.sugarfina.com/bourbon-bears

Note you can inject real Bourbon with a 20 ga needle. I recommend refrigerating first.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    I prefer vodka infused gummy bears but I see you failed to mention them! Have you not tried them yet?

Bourbon bears

Note you can inject real Bourbon with a 20 ga needle. I recommend refrigerating first.

I'm going to try this with Haribo sugar free gummy bears. No caloric guilt, a free colonic 'cleanse' and while that's happening, I'll be too drunk to care! B)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    My gummy bear mold, along with the citric acid to make them sour are being delivered tomorrow. Boo yah. Amazon is the best.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,581 Member
    Pics or it didn't happen.
  • Diatonic12
    edited June 2018
    schwimmen_q_big.jpg?itok=0ixSsrR3[img]. Gone swimming for a couple hours. Hold the fort down. http://"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2zc4rSlBQ4[/url][/img]
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »

Bourbon bears

I'm going to try this with Haribo sugar free gummy bears. No caloric guilt, a free colonic 'cleanse' and while that's happening, I'll be too drunk to care! B)

lmfcj249zaj3.gif