Stuck.

Options
So I’ve been stuck in the 150’s for a while . Been eating right and been more active but my weight seems to be going up and down in the 150’s. Any tips?

Replies

• Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your intake? If your burning more calories than you eat weight loss doesn’t just stop. Tighten up your logging. As people lose weight they tend to loosen up with it and “halt.” Adjust your calories as you lose weight as well. Depending on how much you weighed when you started your TDEE could be different now.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How long is a while? How tall are you? Does eating right mean eating in a calorie deficit?
  • Ghxstzone
    Ghxstzone Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I measure my food on a scale and measuring cup. But When I first started I weighed 172 lbs and last time , which was a week ago, I weighed 152lbs. I intake about 1,700 calories but sometimes lower. I drink a gallon of water everyday. If I do more cardio and do more time on lifting weights will that help? I’m trying to lose 20lbs in 2months. And being stuck isn’t helping. Any ideas?
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    In the past I found interval training - or HIIT - really helped me shred some pounds. I started doing sprints and bleachers, which kicked my butt, but didn't take any more time than my regular jog.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You don't have enough fat stores to lose 2 pounds a week. 1 pound a week (and even half a pound depending on what your goal is) is what you should be aiming for. And ditch the measuring cups for solids and weigh it all. Use the cups for your liquids.
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ghxstzone wrote: »
    I measure my food on a scale and measuring cup. But When I first started I weighed 172 lbs and last time , which was a week ago, I weighed 152lbs. I intake about 1,700 calories but sometimes lower. I drink a gallon of water everyday. If I do more cardio and do more time on lifting weights will that help? I’m trying to lose 20lbs in 2months. And being stuck isn’t helping. Any ideas?

You weighed yourself a week ago and you were at 152 and you started at 172? That’s a 20lb loss and sounds like you’re trucking along... why do you need to lose 20 lbs in 2 months? That’s more than 2lbs a week and I would definitely not recommend that as it certainly doesn’t seem sustainable.

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I agree with tightening up your logging. Sometimes we get a bit complacent because we “know” what that particular item is in terms of calories, or we forget to log something or other, or if using a cup, the temptation can be to cram it just a little bit more full....

Weigh everything. Log everything, making sure you are choosing the correct database entries (I was caught out with that just yesterday, actually).

Also- how long have you been stuck for? It’s perfectly normal for weight fluctuations to happen- you may be the same weight for a couple of weeks, or even gain a bit, and then have a good loss..... look at the overall trend. If the line on your graph is going down consistently, then you’re doing the right thing!