Discouraged

Options
Ok now I need some help I need something to snack at night I have this bad habit where I want cookies or other bad stuff. I know you not suppose to eat during the night but is there something I can try since I can't stop.

Replies

• chrisahubbard
    chrisahubbard Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Drinking water regularly helps.
  • Shyla57
    Shyla57 Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I drink lots of water just abad habit of getting up and eating. This is why I ask need to find something not fattening
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If you are needing something salty, I like the SmartPop 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn. If you are needing something sweet, maybe some fresh fruit? I try to save some calories for the end of the day to allow me snacks. The keys is portion control. I measure out the amount of calories I plan to use and then leave the kitchen so that I am not surrounded by other temptations.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with eating at night whether it be cookies or anything else. The only thing you need to think about is keeping those snacks within your calorie target.

Even though I'm not in loss phase any more I still like cottage cheese with jelly for my night time snack. It scratches the itch for something sweet at a pretty low calorie load.

Also, you might want to consider cookie thins (or thin cookies). Lots of brands have versions of them but I like Anna's Swedish thins (gingerbread or almond). Something like 25 calories per cookie and one or two will satisfy your cookie craving.
  • deb43060
    deb43060 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quest peanut butter cookies are my go to snack. They are 250 calories but packed with protein (15g), only 2 g sugar, 9g fiber, and taste delicious. I also second the people saying to drink more water during the day. Our nutritionist suggests 1/2 your body weight in ounces. I'm still working on that one - it's hard! Don't give up.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    try2again wrote: »
    Shyla57 wrote: »
    I drink lots of water just abad habit of getting up and eating. This is why I ask need to find something not fattening

If you feel it's a bad habit (and I would just because I value my sleep), why are you looking for a different way of going about it? Have you tried eating a more substantial snack before bedtime that will keep you from wanting to get up at night?

This. If it's a habit and not actual hunger, substituting other food isn't going to help. Bad habits can be broken.
  • Shyla57
    Shyla57 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Waking up and eating but I been doing it for years so not easy to break but now I putting on too much lol from the cookies.