Help needed! I’m so lost

Options
2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Be assured that you can’t have gained 10 pounds in fat in four weeks. The broken ribs and other swelling have likely made you hold a lot of water.

Please focus on healing. It takes a lot of energy to rebuild that tissue and bone. If you want to stay fit, a PT may be able to teach you some sitting lower body exercises while you’re healing. I know even breathing can hurt at this point. But focus on healthy eating not weight loss. Please.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose weight isn't a good idea, you need to heal and let your hormones get right. A calorie deficit won't help either of these things.

Treat yourself to some new holiday clothes and enjoy the rest.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose weight can be very frustrating. When this hits me, I try to put things into perspective: I haven't gained weight overnight, so it will take time to lose it again. There are people out there who have to lose twice the amount I am battling with and they have managed to lose the weight and - more importantly - have managed to keep it off. I read the inspirational comments and success stories on MFP and that always helps me to continue with my weight loss.
  • jencj05
    jencj05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    What are you hoping to get here that you didn't get in your other two threads?
    I’m new to this app. I don’t really know how it works. I know with other apps you have to post in various groups in order to get answers. Wow! I didn’t know posting would be such a big problem
  • jencj05
    jencj05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I was hoping to get answers and as much help as possible. As I said, I’m very frustrated and lost. Wow! I didn’t know posting to ask for help would be a problem.

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    jencj05 wrote: »
    I’m new to this app. I don’t really know how it works. I know with other apps you have to post in various groups in order to get answers. Wow! I didn’t know posting would be such a big problem

If they were different groups yes, because not everyone goes into the groups. On the main forums, everyone has access and everyone can read them in all the different categories, so it's not going to get you different responses. Other forums I've been on, the method would be to indicate "cross posted" in the thread title. Here, it's viewed as a form of spam. Now you know :smile:

As for your OP, as others have said, give yourself time to heal. Broken ribs are extremely painful, and your body needs some additional nutrition for the healing process. Don't underestimate the value of getting enough protein. As for hormones, what has your doctor said? Is he/she looking at replacement therapies? Fats play a role in hormone functioning, and I remember from the posts last night (this one looks different and doesn't mention all the same stuff) that you had to get up to 106lbs, and have historically been lower. Those things can wreak havoc on your hormones. Plus you are on the low end of normal for BMI at 106 (if I remember correctly what you posted your height to be), so although you don't feel well with the 10 lbs more, it's likely not looking that bad on you. Once your body is healed, you should find that things balance back to normal. Have a little more patience with yourself.