Vegan/ Vegetarian lunch ideas

Options
Halbroylesss
Halbroylesss Posts: 2 Member
Hello everyone,
I have been a vegetarian for about 17 years now. I stick very closely to a Vegetarian diet due to allergies and health issues. I also do not consume eggs and only very limited amounts of dairy. My main issue is that I am kind of lazy and hate meal prepping. Lol I have been doing pretty well lately at packing my own lunches for work and could use some new recipes that will keep me motivated! Thanks for sharing!

Replies

• ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I would like other ideas too. My go to is PB&J on Rice Cakes.
  • kellygram14
    kellygram14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato toast (raw sweet potatoes sliced and baked) with spinach and almonds
  • applesforanna
    applesforanna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Pasta with mixed veggies in them maybe? It doesn’t take that long to make and reheats pretty well in my experience.
  • fivelongmiles
    fivelongmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't bother chopping - just throw it all in a food processor, and there's no cooking if you use tinned lentils & chickpeas: https://www.pickuplimes.com/single-post/2018/05/22/Mashed-Chickpea-Dill-Salad

I've had a variation of it (can't eat a couple of the ingredients) on toast or a sandwich every day since the recipe was posted. I think I have a problem, but it's just so good :p
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I know you hate meal-prep, but I find that most people hate it only because they think it has to take half their weekend. Once you get in the swing of it, it's not so bad. It takes me 1-2 hours MAX a week to prepare lunches for two people for the week. I usually just make two things and rotate them back and forth for the week. So for example, this week took me just over an hour Sunday morning while sipping my coffee and jamming out to the radio. I simmered gardein veggie-meatballs in my fav red sauce (Rao) on one burner, thew leftover rice and broccoli slaw in a large skillet on another burner for fried rice, and then threw a variety of veggies in the oven to roast while everything else happened. Then your just seasoning as you like, prepping a salad kit in a bowl, wrapping your choice of bread for the meatballs (I used "fold-it" flatbreads for sandwiches) transferring to containers and you're basically done. My wife prefers the two options or she'll get bored, but if you don't mind eating the same you could even get away with one big meal split up and just swap out for different veggies and seasoning to mix it up. I included this weeks meal as an example, I am a pescatarian so it involves shrimp but you could just as easily use tofu (I love the pre-baked teriyaki variety for stir-fry)

t4xu0zuiiipf.png
  • alexandra1359
    alexandra1359 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like to use leftovers. I may roast extra veggies to use for lunch. I have some zucchini and mushrooms I roasted for dinner and tomorrow I will add them to corn tortillas with received beans and salsa to make tacos.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I love making this Spanish Rice recipe - so delicious! I make a batch for the week and take a cup of it to work each day. I add diced fresh tomato and hot sauce after I reheat it. Very filling, too!
    https://www.blessthismessplease.com/easy-spanish-rice-in-the-rice-cooker/