What are all the VEGANS/Plant based eaters having for dinner?

Options
LisaBeateith2012
LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
Looking for dinner ideas cause I'm totally stumped and feel like I eat the same foods all the time.

Replies

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    field roast sausages (mexican chipotle) and some vegetables probably.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having roasted brussels sprouts and shallots and a cheezy kale protein scone.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    If you took the side of steak off my dinner, it was a delicious combination of vegies (Brussels, broccoli, Cauliflower, green beans, zucchini, mushrooms) cooked with spices, peanut butter stirred through, konjac noodles and a big handful of sprouted beans.
  • tacosnbeerthatswhyimhere
    Options
    Vegan chili nachos with a dollop of black bean hummus and guacamole. Yum
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I was going to cook something but I just don't want to, so I'm having a baked potato topped with five bean chili.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Rice seasoned with sazon with red and black beans .
    Avocado slices
    And plantains fried in vegetable oil
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Baked tofu in tamarind-infused barbecue sauce. Butternut squash noodles with curry and turmeric. Broccoli a l'orange.

(Actually, I'm having leftovers. But those are the actual dishes.)

Gosh it really sounds delicious. I want! :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Tonight: Sourdough toast topped with chickpea-walnut pesto, arugula, lemon juice, tomato, and avocado.
  • ariceroni
    ariceroni Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lunch (works as a dinner too) is a tofu poke bowl- short grain brown rice, baked tofu, shredded carrot and zucchini, shaved daikon, diced jalapeno, mango chunks, gomasio, avocado slices, and terikayi sauce. YUM.

Dinner is taco salad bowl- lettuce, black beans, corn, pico de gallo, extra jalapeno and cilantro, Trader Joe's soy chorizo, avocado, and baked tortilla chips

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Last night's dinner was my current obsession - Crispy Chickpea Tacos: https://ddw4dkk7s1lkt.cloudfront.net/card/crispy-chickpea-tacos-5aaac37030006c55e60c14b2-4375945b.pdf

Tonight's dinner will be a baked potato topped with my home-made vegan sour cream (recipe from Vegan Planet cookbook) and chives with a side salad.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain tonight will be soy-chorizo potato tacos. I get my chorizo from Trader Joes, it's the best vegan chorizo I've tried, I absolutely love it. I like to add crispy 1inch potato cubes (usually leftovers from Sunday breakfast) and diced onion to it for the perfect taco filling. Tonight I'll pair it with black beans and greens.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Tonight I had soy curls in barbecue sauce on toast. I was lazy.

Earlier this week I had two easy and excellent meals:
    buffalo chickpea salad sandwiches (http://www.isachandra.com/2014/01/buffalo-chickpea-pitas-with-ranch/)
    red curry tofu salad (https://www.willystreet.coop/recipes/red-curry-tofu)

Later this week I plan to be lazy again and make "dinner in a can": black beans, tomatoes, corn, salsa, chili powder, and rice. I don't drain any of the cans; I just mix and simmer until the rice is done. Add more water if your rice needs it, and feel free to dress it up however you like...this is not a complicated meal.
  • dearspirit
    dearspirit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm having a baked potato with a little s&p, earth balance, sauerkraut, dijon, and caramelized onions!
  • maemahe3
    maemahe3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love to have tofurky/avo/tomato/hummus sandwiches!

Other go-tos are lentil soups, tofu taco wraps, oatmeal (usually breakfast), sweet potatoes with peanut butter, rice & broccoli with Gardein Chicken (helps with protein, mostly made out of Seitan which is whole wheat gluten), or stir fry veggies w rice and beans.

Im a creature of habit.. but I actually enjoy my comfort foods! Haha