Just ordered a fitness trampoline lol

Options
I literally just thought screw it I'm ordering it because I love the idea or bouncing/jumping on one. I've seen people on YouTube etc using one. The one I got goes up to 17st + so that's good as I'm afraid of breaking it lol. Is there anyone who's heavy and uses one and had any success with them? I have social anxiety so I don't go out alot and wanted something to do in the house i will enjoy so the trampolining I hope will help me. Any tips with them? Thanks!

Replies

• 147Me
    147Me Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I bought one about 13 years ago and just started using it last week.

I am 5'4" and weighed 300lbs (21st+) when I bought it: It was built to support weight like that
    ...but my body wasn't built to support all of that weight---I felt to top-heavy to feel balanced while jumping.
    But, since it is just a small piece of equipment that can easily be stored, I kept it with me all of these years. Glad I did!

I've lost 102lbs now and will lose about 50lbs more.
    Now I don't feel out of proportion anymore, and jumping on the mini-trampoline is so much fun!
    I started at 5 minutes and have already worked my way up to 10 minutes in just the past week.

When I bounce, I listen to music I might hear at a club, so it feels like I'm dancing--with a lot of energy.
    I actually feel happy when bouncing on it (not something I can say for any other form of exercise).

I have diagnosed lymphedema and I suspect I have some lipoedema as well. I've also have troubles keeping my legs warm from the knees down for the past two years.
    This sounds a bit woo, but I really could notice an improvement in my lymphatic circulation after the first session using my mini-tramp last week! I am sooooo happy about it!

I also have social anxiety - which developed in adulthood, after becoming obese and being treated poorly. I was already pretty introverted, so I didn't cope with the stigma of obesity very well. I'm hoping that once I have my old body back, that my social confidence will improve.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My grandmother had one over thirty years ago. My cousins and I loved that thing. One of my besties bought me one a few years ago- she is thin and beautiful and loves her rebounder. I've used it off and on, but hadn't used it regularly. Been at an all time low the past few years and don't have access to a gym. I'm enjoying the bounce so far. Had a 30 minute session yesterday while watching tv and a 17 minute session this morning. Feeling some good kind of soreness in the lower ab area so it must be doing some good!

Been using it to try to reach my daily steps goal.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I have one that my wife took possession of after her mother passed. I've used it once.
  • mamasara2
    mamasara2 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, Jeremy! Is your wife enjoying the rebounder?
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I have one. It's the one thing I've kept because I threw out all kinds of exercise equipment that I was simply using for a clothes dryer. I take it outside and sleep on it with my dog. We both lurve it. Jumping is fine but be careful you don't crink your ankles and turn them over underneath themselves. You can hurt yourself on one.

So starting out, why not lay on your back and cycle your legs. You won't twist anything or fall off. If you have a pool, start going. If you don't swim there's all kinds of exercises you can do in the pool as a beginner. They have bikes and pool weights. Low impact but still effective. Just find a suit you like and wear leggings, that's what I did in the beginning.

I have met all kinds of people, some in the 400 lb range that are working hard to change their lives. We motivate one another. It took me over a couple of years to drop 100 lbs but that's were I started. When your joints feel better, feet, knees..simply take it back outside. Start walking slowly and increase your distance. Get some leki poles for support going up the hills.

Don't put the word 'just' in front of any of your accomplishments. I 'just' went for a walk or I 'just' cycled my legs. Movement changes everything. It only takes one day and one decision to start building up your momentum to keep you going.

• Warriorprincess60
    Warriorprincess60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a trampoline, it's been in my garden for 2 years. I went on it last night with my granddaughter for the first time and I had a fantastic time. Enjoy.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Did a 30 min session for beginners at Club La Santa a few weeks ago. Holy smokes it almost killed me and I’m reasonably fit. A very good cardio workout once you get the hang of it (“push down into the trampoline!”)