Calling all shorter women!! 5'4" and under!!

Options
Hello there! I am 27 y/o 5'3" and currently weigh 177.9 with a starting weight of 184! I have a set goal of where I was 3 years ago 124lbs. Just curious to see any shorter women with similar numbers? What are you doing to achieve your goal? If you are at your goal, how did you do it, and post pics please! smile: Picture is worth a thousand words! Looking for advice and inspiration! Thanks all!!

Replies

• JorrunFulhelm
    JorrunFulhelm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 28, 5 ft. 4 in. Staring weight of 206, currently at 171. My goal is 150 and see how I feel. I have never been a small person. I am working in a calorie deficit- 1400ish per day. I am also working out- cardio 45 mins a day and weight lifting. I have been at it since mid-December.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    43 years old 5'4" started at 179 a couple of years ago. Got to about 155 then regained to about 165-167 where I have maintained for about a year. Found out recently I am hypothyroid and started treating that.
    I felt pretty good at 155 but I would like to get anywhere below 146 lbs I guess with an ideal goal of 125lbs.

I track food and watch my calorie intake to manage my weight.
    Since I started out I have increased my activity level. I was getting less than 3,000 steps a day but now get 7,000- 8,000 or more.
  • Cannestra91
    Cannestra91 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 28, 5 ft. 4 in. Staring weight of 206, currently at 171. My goal is 150 and see how I feel. I have never been a small person. I am working in a calorie deficit- 1400ish per day. I am also working out- cardio 45 mins a day and weight lifting. I have been at it since mid-December.

Great job!!! So impressed with the progress you have made! So inspiring!! Do you mind sharing what kind of cardio you partake in? How you got yourself into that regimen? As well as what is your typical lifting routine? Sorry of asking a million questions, you ladies inspire me so any insight I can gain is much appreciated!! :smiley:
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3ish in. I say 3ish because sometimes at the doctors they measure me at 5ft 4 in. or 5ft 3in. It's weird. But my starting weight was about 150 give or take and now I'm 125. My goal is 120 however I've been thinking of starting a bulk this Fall/Winter because I lost a lot of lower body muscle and I want to grow that booty back!
  • VeraCone
    VeraCone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 40ish and 5'2". Starting weight was 185, current weight is 160. Ideally, I'd like to be at 135ish. I'm eating lots of little snacks with lots of protein throughout the day and making sure to get healthy veggies and lots of steps. I aim for 10k a day and about 1,500 calories a day.
  • Cannestra91
    Cannestra91 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    43 years old 5'4" started at 179 a couple of years ago. Got to about 155 then regained to about 165-167 where I have maintained for about a year. Found out recently I am hypothyroid and started treating that.
    I felt pretty good at 155 but I would like to get anywhere below 146 lbs I guess with an ideal goal of 125lbs.

I track food and watch my calorie intake to manage my weight.
    Since I started out I have increased my activity level. I was getting less than 3,000 steps a day but now get 7,000- 8,000 or more.

Great progress!! We definitely have similar goals! I am also trying to incorporate more walking into my daily. I recently switched from full time ER nurse who was running nonstop to being part time in the ER and full time in the Health Department. The Health Department is definitely a great switch in pace, but a lot less running around than I'm used to, so I need to make up my steps elsewhere throughout the day. Thanks again!!
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    157cm (5'1) and currently 80.1kg (176lbs). SW was 115kg (254lbs)! GW is 55kg (120ish lbs).

Would love to make more friends!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4" and 29 with a starting weight of 167. Current weight 160. Like you, I was 120 lbs 4 years. My current goal is to get to 145 lbs, as I have more muscle now than I did then and see how I feel/look from there. I know I can get there, it will just take time and a lot of determination. I have been slowly increasing my amount of activity over the last 6 months and the last 2 months I have started tracking what I eat. I can really tell a difference when I am running at 160 lbs vs. 120 lbs though!
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 29 and 5'3" (ish, sometimes doc days i'm 5'4"). At my heaviest I was 155. Got down to 135 over the course of a year prior to my wedding, took a break to enjoy life. Now that honeymoon period is over, i'm back and working towards 125!

Prior to starting back I lost weight by watching portion sizes (not what type of food I ate) and cycling on a stationary bike for up to an hour a day, 6 days a week.
  • Blonde_Runner615
    Blonde_Runner615 Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I'm just under 5'4" - the most I ever weighed was ~230 after an illness, the least I have ever weighed is 128 after an illness. currently 149 and a size 4 on top and 6 on bottom, I wear anywhere between XS and M usually. I run and do resistance training using machines at the gym. I run 3 miles 5 days/week and do strength training for 30-60 min 5 days/week. I ride my bicycle to get places pretty frequently except during winter. The hardest part is eating enough to fuel the exercise but not eating too much. My goal weight is ~140, but I'm not overweight currently, especially given my body comp. It's important to do both cardio & strength! And it's important to eat enough. If you, as a healthy, active 27 year old, eat 1200 or 1400 calories a day when also exercising a fair amount, your body will think you're starving, and it will cling to fat and slow your metabolism. Not drinking alcohol also helps a lot.

You can do it!!
  • bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 31 and currently playing in the 185lb -- right now I'd be happy to get down to 150 but that isn't my end all goal. Just goal #1.
    I am a serial starter but as I get older I realize I really need to get myself together with consistency! Looking for consistent supporters to share a journey with. I'm also open to sharing personal emails as logging into MFP for anything other than food tracking isn't a strong suite of mine.

Send me your inspiration! Food plans and go to recipes! Exercise routines for home practice! Your love! I will share what I have too

xox
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'0" and currently 135 lbs. My starting weight was 140 lbs. My initial goal is 120 lbs and from there I may try to get to 115 lbs. I am currently a size 8. At 115 lbs I am a size 2-4. I mainly want to fit my old clothes.

I set my goal of losing 1/2 lb a week but I sometimes aim for 3/4 lb a week. I have just been monitoring my activity using my Fitbit and sticking to my calorie budget. I go over some days (to maintenance) and eat less on other days. I have had a lot of parties lately so some days I ate only one meal and treats.
  • melissa112
    melissa112 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'2" and currently 150lbs. Looking to first get to 136 and then decide from there.

I just got back on track this week and today did my first day of the Couch to 5K running app. I did start it this January but gave up after a prolonged snow spell sometime mid March. I also starting logging properly today.

Feel free to add me
  • categ78
    categ78 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Cate

I’m 5.2 1/2 and currently 132 after illness but am working to slowly get back to 122 where I feel more comfy.

I’m lifting heavy twice a week and two cardio sessions

I’m eating about 1850kcal per day but deliberately taking the slow path to losing at a 200kcal per day cut

Xx
  • ileyva96
    ileyva96 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok ok. I will be 45 in nov and only 4'10 i did tjis a yr ago and loss over 30lbs. Got into some stress ok a lot of stress n back up again. I starting again this week i am now 200lbs yep a lot for 4'10 but i will get back on track n this time keep it off i feel more in order when i track my calories n map my walks. Good luck to all. B)
  • ElizaDionne
    ElizaDionne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m 5’2” and currently 194 down from 210ish. My goal weight is 118. My next milestone will be 191 at which time I will be obese class 1. Whoop whoop. I have ulcerative colitis and medications caused me to gain weight. I have lost weight in the past after being on the medications and was down to 165 last year around Christmas. Then I had to go back on medications. I’m looking forward to hitting that weight and to get to keep going this time. I have just been eating better and moving more. My main focus is being good to myself.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hi OP, I’m a lot older than you but I was up to 183 a year before I found MyFitnessPal. I managed to lose 10 pounds before I started here in January. Since then, I’ve lost 30 pounds (173-143) and plan to lose another 8 and reassess at that time. I’m 5’2.5”.
    I log everything and have my Fitbit connected to MyFitnessPal. I walk briskly around my neighborhood at least 5 days a week and practice Pilates on my reformer. Best of luck to you:)
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'4 and currently at my highest weight of 177lbs. I want to get back to my lowest weight of 136lbs and then hopefully get to about 120 - 125lbs. I have a goal of getting back to a health BMI of 145lbs by the end of december when I'm going to a friends wedding. I'm eating at a calorie deficit but trying to make it more of a healthy lifestyle change. I'm also trying to get my stepcount up to atleast 15,000 steps a day and once I can do that more consistently I'm going to add more exercise into my life again.