In Search of Manly Snacks

Options

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    If you would stop babying your husband he would rediscover his hunter/gatherer roots and become a man again. I go in my pantry and club a handful of peanuts when necessary.

haha , yes - this! I'm not understanding why a grown man needs help figuring out what to eat/snack on?
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    RAinWA wrote: »
    What?? My husband is actually physically incapable of cooking due to medical issues.

But yeah, I'm sure it's all a scam to get out of cooking.

*kitten*

I don't think anyone intended to be insensitive or even serious. Most people like myself probably thought you would take it as harmless ribbing not realizing the full extent of why your husband can't cook.

Please trust that it was an innocent mistake and for my part I am sorry.

Oh, no worries - I am not that thin-skinned and thought the conversation was mostly funny (except for finding the suggestion of being "scammed" rude) and the idea of "manly snacks" hilarious. No need for you to apologize.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my fiance needs to gain weight. i give him more food than i give myself.

more butter, more dressing, more bread, larger portions.

not rocket science.

mmmm now i want butter and bread :/ lol
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Manly snacks..
    Hm.

Go for hot dogs, they are manly by nature. >:)
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Probably true.

In my house, I'm not allowed to clean up after meals.

I am allowed, even encouraged to cook, because when it comes to improvisational/experimental cooking and making the mundane exciting I'm way better at it than she is. But Once done, I'm required to transport the utensils to the sink and she'll process them for cleaning. Apparently, where she comes from, the ceiling isn't supposed to get wet when you're washing dishes. Even if the dishes do get clean.

I am not allowed to open most things. Apparently there are secrets to opening some packages that allow them to be re-sealed. IMO if opening requires directions on the package it is a waste of time and getting another container or Ziploc bag is easier. Also, when did they start putting stronger glue on cereal bags that causes the occasional explosion when they are attempted to be opened the way we did when we were kids?

We stockpile Ziplocs after Christmas/other seasonal Ziploc holidays. And So it's never a sin to destroy the packaging as long as the product isn't wasted.

LOL, for the record, I can't remember how many times I've battled a package open only to find "OH *KITTEN* that was the bottom of the bag. Doh!" At the end of the day, scissors or a knife is almost always easier and faster, and unless it's an odd size package(cheese slices come to mind) fits more neatly back in the fridge in a Ziploc.

I seem to recall cereal bombs from when I was a kid back in the 80s.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Probably true.

I am allowed, even encouraged to cook, because when it comes to improvisational/experimental cooking and making the mundane exciting I'm way better at it than she is. But Once done, I'm required to transport the utensils to the sink and she'll process them for cleaning. Apparently, where she comes from, the ceiling isn't supposed to get wet when you're washing dishes. Even if the dishes do get clean.

I am not allowed to open most things. Apparently there are secrets to opening some packages that allow them to be re-sealed. IMO if opening requires directions on the package it is a waste of time and getting another container or Ziploc bag is easier. Also, when did they start putting stronger glue on cereal bags that causes the occasional explosion when they are attempted to be opened the way we did when we were kids?

My pet peeve is people who open bags of chips with a vertical tear. Open the bag with the seam for goodness' sake!

Unfortunately, the vertical tear is trendy in the packaging world right now and I am not ashamed to admit that I do not buy brands that use that type of packaging (I'm looking at you Ritz Crisps and Kettle Brand chips).
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Probably true.

My pet peeve is people who open bags of chips with a vertical tear. Open the bag with the seam for goodness' sake!

Unfortunately, the vertical tear is trendy in the packaging world right now and I am not ashamed to admit that I do not buy brands that use that type of packaging (I'm looking at you Ritz Crisps and Kettle Brand chips).

There are advantages to tearing off the corner or even converting the bag into a portable bowl, but I get your point.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Probably true.

The main problem with the vertical tear is you can't be sure you've sealed the bag if you re-close it with a twist-tie. There is always some of the rip below the tie and the snack/chips get stale.

ETA - I guess that's only a problem if you aren't eating the whole bag at once...