Only made it 15 minutes in orange theory today!

Options
algrif37
algrif37 Posts: 107 Member
I’ve been doing orange theory 2-3 times a week since January. I only made once last week and went today, made it 15 minutes and and knew I was going to barf.l gracefully bowed out. Anyone have those days where your body says nope ain’t gonna happen? Jeez I’ve only been gone a week!!!!!

Replies

• skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I actually threw up once during an Orangerheory workout but I kept going. There have been many times I've wanted to quit but my pride won't let me. Instead I just scale it back as much as I need to to finish.
    And don't feel bad, a week off sets me way back too.
  • algrif37
    Options
    Im headed back tomorrow and Wednesday to make up for today so it should be interesting! :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Or you could give your body a chance to recoup and just continue on as you normally would.
  • algrif37
    Options
    Normally I wait a day in between workouts but I’m going out of town Thursday and will only have two days to workout now. Even if I just make it 30 minutes today instead of 15 I’ll be thrilled!
  • rkinaz
    rkinaz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I truly thought I was going to die in my first OTF session. But instead of quitting because it was hard (which has been my jam the last year or so) I hung in there and kept going back. And now, instead of just praying to Sweet Baby Jesus for class to end, I'm motivated to put in the work that it takes to earn those beloved orange Splat points. I'm seriously hoping this is the thing that will "stick" and that I'll soon start seeing some results on the scale. So far, not so much, but it's only been a month.

Has anyone done an OTF transformation challenge? I think my studio is going to start one up in July, so just wondering what it's all about, what you thought about the process, and hoping you'll share your insider tips and tricks.
  • kathleenneriducharme
    kathleenneriducharme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My studio just finished a transformation challenge. The winners each got $500. I want to get in on the next one.