Carbohydrates/sugar

Options
desirae500
desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
Due to pred-diabetes I limit carbohydrates. I adjusted the ratio under goals - no problem. When I look at daily totals for nutrients, there is a line for carbohydrates and a line for “sugar.” Since all sugars are carbohydrates, what does the suars line mean?

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Some people prefer to track sugar separately. Because MFP doesn't distinguish between added sugars and naturally-occurring sugars, many people have opted to adjust the diary defaults so that sugar isn't tracked. A lot of people track fiber instead (also part of carbs). I track iron.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    All sugars are carbs, but not all carbs are sugar. So if you have say 100g carbs, and 40g sugar, that means your 100g carbs are 40g sugar and 60g other carbs. You can also track fiber, which is another category of carbs. Some people like to track them specifically for their own reasons. If you aren't concerned specifically about sugar, you can change it to something else.
  • JLanziPhTech
    JLanziPhTech Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I feel that having high carbs and sugar makes me want to eat more. My body craves them. I am over weight and I am afraid of developing diabetes. So today marks the day for me to get back on track. Good luck to all of you