Belly fat

Options
I'm trying everything to eliminate belly fat, i need to lose 30 lbs, I'm 230. And I tired of all these programs that cost $100 or more for these pills that promise something, and they never work. I need real world tips, from someone that has really done it. -Anthony and looking for fitness friends.

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You definitely don't need expense programs or pills, they'll help your wallet lose weight but that's about it. Track what you eat here, eat in a deficit, and the weight will come off. It's really much less complicated than the diet industry would have you believe!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    First the ugly truth: you cannot spot reduce fat. Your body will decide to lose fat from first and last, without surgical intervention, there's not much you can do.

Now the good news. Just eat at a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. Eventually, you will lose the belly fat. Incorporating exercise and healthier foods will help produce better overall results.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Try a good progressive strength program, With a 30 lb loss, bigger chest, legs and glutes, your waist will be more proportional, even if it's not quite as small as you thought you wanted it to be.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    eat till satisfied and stop

I understand what you're trying to get at and I intend no offense, but for many of us this is completely useless advice. If something tastes good to me I do not feel "satisfied" until my stomach is literally hurting from overeating. I've seen people say "don't eat until you're stuffed, just eat until the hunger feeling goes away," but the hunger feeling literally never goes away unless I'm stuffed sick. I've also seen people to tell me to just "eat intuitively." That doesn't work either because my intuition says to eat as much of the tasty food as I possibly can!

I'll admit this is not a scientific observation but I would guess that the vast majority of people who overeat are like me. Maybe I can't tell the difference between hunger and simple boredom. I don't know. It doesn't really matter. The point is, I have to measure my food and stop when the food scale says to stop, regardless of what my body/brain is telling me.

Yep same same.

What I do is always dish out my own food. Put the portion I need in my plate. Put all the food away then eat slowly. I found if I did this I wouldn't reach for more & often times I feel full when I'm done. The mind plays tricks on us & we reach for more because the brain tells us to keep going...lol
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Set yourself up on MFP, and manage your eating according to your calorie goal. Pick a sustainable (slow) loss rate, and settle in for the long haul.

Thirty pounds, if you want to keep your health risks to a minimum, is going to take at least 5-6 months, ideally longer. Also, presumably you want to keep that weight off permanently after you lose it, so this process is all about experimenting to find habits you can happily keep up forever. Doing trendy stuff that isn't sustainable? That's pointless.

Read the posts in the "Most Helpful Posts" section of each forum topic (a.k.a. "the stickies"), beginning with the "Getting Started" and "General Health, Fitness, and Diet" sections.

Here's the eating plan I used to lose 50 pounds in about a year a couple of years back, but with the false starts and mistakes taken out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm

It's free, but you can send me that $100 if you really want to. ;););)

You can do this!