50+ married mom, looking to have accountability friends. I need to lose alot. At least 75lbs.

Options
Itstimeyo
Itstimeyo Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2018 in Introduce Yourself
So as a 51 year old... my weight loss efforts are different than when I was 20's ... complied with life and a rough one on most day. Have two adult sons and a beautiful 11yo girl, whom I Homeschool ... makes life very interesting. I lost 40lbs few years ago until a tragic death in my immediate family.... that broke me. I ate, drank and ate some more to drown the pain. Two years later I'm dealing with a huge weight gain and cant seem to find the motivation to stop bad habits.

I have logged for over a week and have lost but ... I don't feel much. I just feel like ... its now or never. If I don't do this now... I'll be double my weight in no time. Then I'll settle... and say... well this is me.

God knows I don't want that... I don't, and I cant. I'm bigger then ever in my life. Bigger then my mom ever was and bigger then all my close friends... over all... I feel horrible, fat, cant breath going up stairs... everything hurts. I wobble everywhere, what happen to ME, where did I go... I'm tired and worn.... this has to end.

My beauty who is 11 ... she is watching me... and I need to change this momentum. I will change this momentum.

Thank you for reading my rant.

Blessings,
YO

Replies

• dollskinmfp
    dollskinmfp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been logging for just a few days, but started a ketogenic diet 7 days ago. I, too, have 75 lbs to lose to get back to the weight I was about a year and a half ago. I am 30, married, former drug addict, current carb and sugar addict. I watched a couple videos on the ketogenic diet last weekend and that was it. Real women who look like me, that let their weight get out of hand are loving the keto way of life. I thought I was going to have a tougher time than I have had, and I never would have thought I'd have personally made every meal my husband and i have consumed all week. I NEVER cooked before. I never learned, and never felt comfortable with doing anything other than the microwave and the oven. Frozen pizza was my go to. My husband is thrilled that I have taken to cooking now.

Being a former addict, this feels like something I could stick to for a while.. and I am okay with it.

The raw energy from the diet is amazing, and only 7 days in! Girl, I am telling you, get motivated and give it a try! I have lost 3.5 - 4 lbs and let me tell you, this is thr motivation that I needed!

7 days ago I was a lazy bum who ate mostly cereal and bread, & drank 44oz Dr Peppers everyday.. came home from work and layed in bed, sleeping most weekends away. You can do it! I will be here with you!
  • unbelievable60
    unbelievable60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love to encourage and be encouraged so add me. I have 45 lbs to go!!
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Add me please. I have 100 + lbs to loos and cant seem to get that motivation to be consistent. Argghhhh so dam hard
  • MotherTruckerKeto
    MotherTruckerKeto Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I’m working on a bit of weight myself! Keep up the great progress!