Worked out all week and gained 2 lbs

Options
cynthiaconserva
cynthiaconserva Posts: 3 Member
Hey, I worked out a good 5 days last week. Today was my weigh in and I gained 2 lbs. I do feel bloated, but I stuck to my diet plan as well as did intense cardio each day. I’m confused

Replies

• Susanne_JH
    Susanne_JH Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that! That happens to me almost every time I'm not able to work out for a while; when I restart, I always gain before losing again.

I'm guessing you're not restarting though. I hope this is a one-time thing and you'll be back to losing again soon!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    d86chusgjs5b.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Hey, I worked out a good 5 days last week. Today was my weigh in and I gained 2 lbs. I do feel bloated, but I stuck to my diet plan as well as did intense cardio each day. I’m confused

Working out doesn't default to weight loss...I've been maintaining weight for 5+ years and workout 5-6 days per week...I maintain my weight because I'm eating maintenance calories. You don't lose weight just because you workout.

Also, if the workouts are new, you're going to retain water (which means your body is functioning properly) which will show on the scale.