Pregnancy

Options
Does anyone know of a good calorie tracker that is tailored to pregnancy?

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    MFP works great as long as you tweak it to work with what your goals are. You can set it to maintenance or gain 1/2-2lbs per week. First, talk to your provider about what your calorie goal should be and then set MFP from there. I used it all the way through my last pregnancy, and as I was already obese, kept my weight gain under 20lbs and still managed to do so without depriving myself or having a miserable pregnancy.
  • DaniCanadian
    DaniCanadian Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just set mfp to maintence and then you can manually adjust after. Your doc can tell you how much you should gain through your pregnancy. I know for a healthy weight woman you really don’t need that many extra calories per day. I believe it is 100 extra cals per day in the first tri, 200ish in the second, and 300-400 in the last tri. A cup of 2% milk is 130, so it’s really not that much extra. Double check with your ob though, my last baby was 2 and a half years ago and guidelines change all the time.
  • nancyschumer
    nancyschumer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Its a little confusing adjusting the goals on my own so your probably right about talking to my ob. I think he can help me with the adjustments. Still 50 lbs overweight and I don't want to end up over 200 lbs again.