EASY and FAST breakfast ideas

Options
I'd like to stick with LCHF way of eating, but since I'm just getting back into this...I need ideas/reminders of breakfasts that are fast and easy to make in the mornings, or if I can make it ahead and micro it in the morning that works too.
I have maybe 20 minutes or less to myself most mornings.

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I like to make an egg bake on Sunday and then portion out for the week. I use 1 dozen whole eggs, and then what ever else sounds good, usually mushrooms, spinach, and some sort of breakfast meat. If you portion it out once cooked, you can just grab and go the rest of the week.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    My "easy" breakfast is just pouring boiling water in a 24 oz french press on top of 1/4 cup of ground coffee and throwing together in a bowl 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup of unsalted mixed nuts and 1 tbsp of honey. Takes just a few mins to prepare and less than 400 cals for the works.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Same. I make a dozen egg cups fill with veggies and grab them during the week. They are delicious.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs. Takes me a couple of minutes to crack a couple of eggs, mix'em and cook them up for my daughter most mornings. Would fit your chosen was of eating.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My "absolutely, positively NO TIME!! sprinting for the door" breakfast is to throw a cup of plain greek yogurt and a protein bar into my bag; at some point in the morning I will be able to grab a coffee and I eat the yogurt (with Splenda and fruit, if I can find it) and/or the protein bar while I drink it. Not the most virtuous of breakfasts, but breakfast within the meaning of the act.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and frozen berries. I switch up the protein powder flavor and the berries. Chocolate and strawberries, salted caramel and berry blend. My current favorite is lemon meringue pie powder with raspberries.

I prep it the night before and throw it in the fridge. Then the berries are thawed by the time I want to eat it in the morning. I take it to work in a tupperware.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Got this idea from an acquaintance and it has made life SO much better - leftovers.

Just save your leftovers and add them to something in the morning for something filling and super quick.

one example -with left over curry, make a super fast scrambled egg and eat it with that. Or just have rice with the curry, both made the night before.

I notice I tended to have less energy and time in the morning, so now I do any cooking for the morning the night before, if possible. It's seriously helped. After all, there's no reason we 'have' to have only certain foods in the morning, you know? Just have whatever works. :-)

Oh, also, smoothies have helped a lot. I make 'smoothie bags' ahead of time. Freeze some yogurt in ice cube trays, freeze some cut up fruit and a green (like spinach), then put in 1-2 cups of the fruit and veg, plus 2 cubes of the frozen yogurt, into a ziploc bag - it's about enough for one smoothie. When you want to make it, add 1-2 cups of your liquid of choice (milk, juice, tea) and blend it up for the smoothie. Sometimes, adding some plain, uncooked oats or protein powder can give it some protein oomph, too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I buy pre-broiled eggs at Costco
  • Bintzie
    Bintzie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I hard boil eggs ahead of time and have with a slice of cheese/cheese stick.
    Absolute fastest breakfast for the shortest of mornings, add protein powder to coffee with 1-4Tablespoons (depending on your taste preferences) heavy cream or a higher ratio of almond milk to coffee with protein powder.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs, Greek yogurt with berries, leftover quiche or frittata, fat bombs...
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from dinner are always a great option. There's no law that says you can only have certain foods for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
  • deedee4him
    deedee4him Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    Same. I make a dozen egg cups fill with veggies and grab them during the week. They are delicious.

What is a egg cup?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I'd like to stick with LCHF way of eating, but since I'm just getting back into this...I need ideas/reminders of breakfasts that are fast and easy to make in the mornings, or if I can make it ahead and micro it in the morning that works too.
    I have maybe 20 minutes or less to myself most mornings.

Black Coffee
  • TWRUNNER32
    TWRUNNER32 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats!!
  • kbmnurse1
    Options

What is a egg cup?[/quote] Use cupcake tin, spray with oil. 6 eggs, whisk. put your slightly sautéed veggies in bottom of each cup fill with eggs. I usually put some cheese on top. Bake at 350 x 20 min. So good. Mine are 78 cal each. I usually eat one with a piece of WW toast and P butter. Have fun with it. You can fill them with anything and can be frozen. 6 eggs makes 6 cups.
  • kbmnurse1
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt, fresh berries, 15 GM granola and 1 Belvita cranberry-orange cookie. My ultimate favorite.
    !/2 cup oatmeal with fresh berries and a sprinkle brown sugar.