Mystery Scale

GR8Prof
GR8Prof Posts: 12 Member
My husband bought me this WW scale, but I don’t know how to interpret the numbers. Any ideas?

m6qe6q0idc5b.jpeg

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    BF = Body Fat in percentage
    BW = Body Water in percentage
    BMI = Body Mass Index
    Bone = the percentage of your weight from bone
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Wow! That’s a neat scale!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    And of those - the only true measuring going on is the weight.

Confirm you have your stats entered for the rest, because they are all calculated off formula's for averages (or easy one for BMI, height and weight) and can therefore be easily 5-10% off.

bioimpedance really is only attempting to measure for fat by means of resistance and calculating a % from there, everything else is non-fat (or LBM).
    Water and Bone are estimated using the other stats, and therefore can really be off.

And that's even if you manage to present the exact same hydrated body to it. Which is rare.
    Drink 16 oz of water, and you just gained 1lb of LBM.

Measure and treat it as interesting info - hopefully it's consistent even if not accurate - get the info, get off, and do it again to test.

Just a caveat - some people put way too much trust in those calculations they think are measurements.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    FFIW my bioimpendance are pretty consistent. There are times when they fluctuate but in line with my weight i.e. when I am retaining water. After a while you may see a pattern eg. my BF% will actually go up a 0.5-1% over a week or so and then I'll get a sudden drop in both BF% and scale weight. Mine doesn't do bone or hydration though. I weigh in the morning so hydration is as consistent as I can make it.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Does it tell what mood you're in?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!