Hello Everyone!!

Hi guys! My name is Jessica (most people call me Jess) and I’ve just begun my weight loss journey. I started using the app about two weeks ago to log food and track weight loss and just stumbled across this community page. I love it!
I’m not really confident about my weight loss, but hoping I can hit my goal with some hard work and determination.
I’m currently 5’10” and started out at 311 lbs.
This morning I weighed in at 301, so I’ve hit my ten pound mark!!
I do wonder if you guys could help me out. With those stats I’ve listed, to healthily lose weight, what calorie count would you recommend? I have macro suggestions from several sources, but am unsure of overall caloric intake.
I’m down in my back right now so I’m unable to do a whole lot of exercising, if that helps any in determining a number. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Put honest information in MFP and it will spit out the best way to start. If you put in your weight and a reasonable weight loss goal (0.5 per week, 1 per week, etc.) along with the correct activity level, then it will tell you how many calories you should consume. You can obviously use things like FitBit and other devices to help with any NEAT and exercise, but the general information from MFP will be where you want to start.

cv5g83plc3dz.png

This is my caloric allowance based on MFP settings of sedentary. The 2380 is my normal allowed calories without any exercise based on my age, weight and height and I've already gained 1167 (allegedly!! take exercise calories given with a grain of salt) from exercise for the day.

So when you set up MFP, you should get something similar. Follow the plan and observe for 4-6 weeks and adjust as you need. If you aren't losing, lower your calories. If you are losing too fast, perhaps eat a little more.

Best of luck!