Apple Cider Vinegar

Options
EarthzAngel
EarthzAngel Posts: 260 Member
Does any one have thoughts about apple cider vinegar or tips/suggestions/or just information in general ?

Replies

• EarthzAngel
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    It won't help you lose weight. But, I do have a great braised purple cabbage recipe that calls for apple cider vinegar if you're interested.

Sure i'll accept the recipe! Thanks for the inputs
  • EarthzAngel
    Options
    It won't help you lose weight. But, I do have a great braised purple cabbage recipe that calls for apple cider vinegar if you're interested.

Sure i'll accept the recipe! Thanks for the inputs

1 Large pot with a lid
    4 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage (about 1 medium cabbage)
    2 shredded Granny Smith apples
    1 onion
    1 TBSP brown sugar
    Salt & pepper (just enough to tastes, 1/2 tsp each is enough)
    1 cup apple cider vinegar

Cook the onions in the pot until they are tender. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Cook on a low to medium heat, while covered, until cabbage is tender, mixing the ingredients periodically. Usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour. (If you cook it longer, the cabbage just gets more tender. My daughter prefers it cooked almost 90 minutes).

Thank you!
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    Does any one have thoughts about apple cider vinegar or tips/suggestions/or just information in general ?

I use it for all my pork BBQ, and love it as a tangy tinge in my BBQ sauce.
  • caitiedid10
    caitiedid10 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I actually drink 2 tablespoons of ACV in 8 oz of water for my rosacea. If I don't, I'm a mess. I've never seen weight loss results, but it works for that. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what the hype is about drinking it. It doesn't taste very good. :)
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use it in salad dressing recipes, and also out of doors to kill ants, and in a natural weed killer recipe. Has many uses; none of them have anything to do with weight loss!
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Great with a little EVOO on a salad.
    You can clean mirrors with it and your coffee maker.
    There are hundreds of uses for it, but it will not aid in weight loss.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It's a halfway reasonable substitute on fish & chips if you don't happen to have malt vinegar handy.

Won't make you lose weight, though.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Currently have a horde of fruit flies in my kitchen. A little ACV in a cup, covered with plastic wrap with a few holes punched in it and by tomorrow they'll all have drowned. :)

Cheap vinegar does the same thing ;)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Currently have a horde of fruit flies in my kitchen. A little ACV in a cup, covered with plastic wrap with a few holes punched in it and by tomorrow they'll all have drowned. :)

Cheap vinegar does the same thing ;)

Yes, it does. I only had ACV in the house. I use it in pulled pork. Yum. ;)
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great info, this is something I've been wondering about too!