DIY fitness success

Options
Catho36
Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
We are currently working on our garden and this involves digging out the soil and bushes in the back garden borders to lay concrete foundations for allotment boxes. It’s looking good. Some of the digging out of soil was done last summer, but we were waiting til nearly completed to order a skip. This past week the 6 yard builders skip arrived: I have spent about 5 hours each day digging out soil and wheeling it round to the front if the house in 3 stacked up 35lb buckets of soil to empty into the skip. Each trolley load of 3 buckets weighed 105lbs, the amount of weight I have lost - it was like poetic justice! I can’t belief I carried that weight around for years. Today finally the skip is full, I emptied 385 buckets into that skip and had the energy and strength each day to keep carrying on (only had skip for 1 week so on deadline. I would never have had the energy or strength before embarking on my health as fitness journey, and I am incredibly proud of myself for being able to do this job (and saving us money to pay someone else to do it) and so grateful the skip is full, cause now all the muscles are aching! Bonus though my arms are really getting defined and I’ll have a six pack one day, I can feel it if not see it lol

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Yard work is sneaky fun!
  • Catho36
    Options
    It was fun, and satisfying. There is something really addictive about pulling up roots or weeds! How sad lol
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    It's great being able to do things you couldn't do before.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Catho36
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    It's great being able to do things you couldn't do before.

It really is, it’s things you didn’t realise you couldn’t do until you’re challenged in new ways. Exciting times.
    Congrats on your amazing loss, I’ve been a lurker on these forums for ages, your posts always inspire me so thanks x
  • Catho36
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    Great job

Thank you