Smoothies???

Options
LisaMoxon155
LisaMoxon155 Posts: 256 Member
edited June 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Ive found that im really enjoying . Fruit smoothies.

Ill have them for breakfast and afternoon snack for 5 days a week
I also eat fruit after dinner.
I know low calories and low fat.
But natural sugar and carbs are not overally high but it has a few grams.
My question is:
Can i have too much of this, that then makes it unhealthy?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can have too much of anything if you end up getting too many calories and/or too little of one or more nutrients.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    It keeps my calories low but then its the balance of sugars and carbs im thinking of
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    Don't track sugar unless you want to or have to. Don't track macros unless you feel it helps you stick to your calorie goal. You can set your macros any way you want.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    Ive just let MFP set my macros.
    Just noticed that carbs intake are higher and fats intake are lower than weekly setting
    I was just wanted to see peoples opnions.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    How much higher/lower? Do you feel healthy, energetic, happy? Chances are you're eating exactly right for you.
  • LisaMoxon155
    Options
    Macros on week say
    Carbs 50% eating 69%
    Fats 30% eating 25%.

And went over on sugar by 17grammes on the week.

Yes ive never felt better . Ive been sleeping soooo much better. Not bloated. Loads of energy.

Sometimes i think i overthink things
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    17 g a week is nothing. That's one serving on the diabetic exchange, and you aren't a diabetic.

Studies have found that cultures which get upwards of 75% carbs are not all that healthy due to not getting enough other nutrients - this is usually a poverty way of eating - think poor people who eat nothing but rice and occasional meat. You're not in that category. I would make sure you are getting enough protein, then carry on.
  • LisaMoxon155
    edited June 2018
    Options

My protein intake for last weeks was 16% from 20%
    And this week 21% intake

Thank you for ypur replies
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    By blending up your food, you are not properly feeding some of your gut bacteria. Some smoothies are OK, but i wouldn't eat them twice a day, 5 days a week. You need to chew your food.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    My protein intake for last weeks was 16% from 20%
    And this week 21% intake

Thank you for ypur replies

Trying to hit or exceed your protein goal can be a good idea when losing weight. Sufficient protein (along with exercise) helps us minimize the amount of lean tissue (like muscle) that we lose alongside fat loss. Getting enough fats helps with absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, and helps maintain healthy cells, hormone balance, and good digestive-system throughput, among other things

As long as your overall nutrition is balanced, and you hit your calorie goal, a few more or less carbs are fine, and there's nothing wrong with smoothies if you find them tasty and satiating.