I just want to complain about food.

Options
2»

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    It's not a BODY need.....its a mind WANT!
    You have to try to battle thru it or your wasting your time. Set aside your calorie accounts for a donut expenditure but it won't come cheap!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    KTeaKat wrote: »
    My biggest complaint is my kids having all this candy in my house!! There's still Easter candy in this one corner of the kitchen and I'm all, "I WANT THAT LINDT CHOCOLATE BUNNY NOW!! GET IN MY BELLY, PEEPS!!" Then, the saying I learned on this journey kicks in, "That will never taste as good as feeling skinny feels." Freaking sweets!!

Warning - Rant: and some of you won't agree with what I am saying. I am speaking from my frustrated heart so please don't troll me. Life beats me up enough.

@KTeaKat I hate that saying because it does taste better than skinny sometimes. Skinny doesn't make me happy. I have been fat and skinny and was totally miserable at both ends of the spectrum. I just want to be healthy. Sigh....

@lainzain I understand what you are talking about. No matter how much I plan, I have to tell myself "NO" at least once a day. It gets exhausting after a while. I don't want to take medication for cholesterol or die an early death from heart disease. I also want to eat farkin' doughnuts without calculating how little I can eat for the rest of the day. It is frustrating. Willpower only gets you so far.

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I also love everything people are talking about here, or I used to until I saw how damaging they are. Carbs are the real enemy of healthy living. Fat is not. Fat is good, besides being full of flavor. It's what fuels the brain. So this low fat mania is contrary to what your body actually needs.

Today's food pyramid is inverted and is responsible for the worldwide obesity/diabetes epidemic. Fat should be at the bottom, not the top. Carbs should be at the top, not the bottom. Once you invert the pyramid, things change dramatically. Your body will start to normalize and begin a very slow and steady return to what it should be.

I am not a dietician, nor do I pretend to be. I cite here things that have worked for me. ymmv.

The last line truly is the critical one. What works for you might not work for everyone. Because I eat plenty of carbs - over 50% of my diet - and my brain and body are in great condition.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    Are you telling yourself you can't have sweets? We always want the forbidden. Allow yourself occassional sweets within your calorie goals.

This!

So much this! I find I do the best when I don't limit certain foods while trying to lose weight with the exception of a trigger food that I can't moderate at a particular time. If you have any of those kind of foods I would try to eliminate it & try to work on moderation until you can have a little of it without undoing your hard work.

An example: If you would feel like eating a whole jar of peanut butter practice moderation by getting a few single serve packs until you can work on eating one single serve pack at a time.
  • slwhitter78
    slwhitter78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Look the same thing happened to me in the past whenever I started a diet. I would crave chocolate, soda, chips and really all the things I should not be eating. I would be miserable and I never stuck with any diet. I have only just begun on MFP. Of course I am really trying to monitor what I eat and making sure I record everything both good and bad but I told myself that this was not going to be a diet. I am being mindful of eating things with good nutritional value but I am also not going to tell myself that I am not allowed certain things.

I have made a few rules for myself and they have helped so maybe they may help u too:
    1. I never say I can’t have something or say something is a bad food.
    2. If I am craving something sweet/salty/junk food I make myself have a big glass of water (I saw a study about junk food and dehydration, that recommended this, thought it was a load of rubbish but then tried it and it helps. There was a scientific reason for it but won’t bother u with details)
    3. After my big glass of water if I am still really craving something I will allow myself to have it feeling guilt free but I have to have a small portion of it and eat it slowly.
    4. If I really just want to have something screw a small portion I again will allow myself to eat it guilt free but when I record it in MFP I can see kJ/cal and I will make sure I do extra exercise or reduce intake somewhere else.

I think the word diet is a bad word. Diets are about denying ourselves things and the minute we start trying to deny ourselves things and make things off limits we want them more (bit like when we had no interest in that boy who liked us until he stopped giving us attention and we suddenly wanted him
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Have the sweets or look for alternatives. If you want donuts, Asian or Mexican food, make it at home using healthier alternatives. That way you can control what goes into the food and keep track of what exactly is going into your body.