Snacks

Options
What’s a reasonable about of daily calories for snacks. I find that lately I’m snacking a lot more during the day and then having a very light dinner.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You kind of have to figure that out for yourself.

Some folks do better with big meals and little or no snavking. Others do better with several smaller meals and snacks. What matters is that you comfortably stick to your calorie goal.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Whatever amount you can fit into your daily calorie goals while still eating a reasonably balanced diet and getting adequate nutrition.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits into your calorie budget. Within reason - eating a diet of just Twinkies is not okay, nor is only Kale. If you already eat healthy, you don't get bonus points for extra healthy.

I usually budget around 200-300 calories a day purely for snacks.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You're an adult. You decide.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    As long as your hitting your calorie target (not exceeding it), then any amount of calories for a snack is fine. If your happy snacking more throughout the day and then having a light dinner suits you, then stick with it. If not, try preplanning a higher calorie dinner, then see how many "spare" calories that leaves you. Then use that amount on snacks. The right balance will be different for everyone.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hmm. My "snacks" today came to 1000 calories and I was still under 1800 gross calories. So more than half my calories today were from snacks. *shrug*
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    For me anywhere from 300-1000 cals depending on the day. Do whatever works for you
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Preload snacking or preload mini meals can reduce mild mental stress while you're tooling along.