Looking for meal plans....instead of buying south beach foods.

Options
I was going buy packaged meals. But too expensive...im looking for easy meal preps and exact things to eat every day. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    You have to hit your calorie target, but you don't have to eat anything in particluar. It's easiest to make and eat what you like. Prepare meals in advance if that helps you hit your calorie target.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    To lose weight you need a calorie deficit. You can get that by reducing your calorie intake, increaing your calorie burn or both.
    You do not need to eat a special diet to lose weight and many find it more sustainable to eat closer to what they prefer normally. Any diet works when you eat the right number of calories for you to be in a deficit.

I would suggest that you start with setting a reasonble goal with my fitness pal. If you have 50+ lbs to lose 2 lbs a week may be okay to start with. If you have less than 1 lb a week may be better. If you have 20 lbs or less to lose .5 lb a week might be best.
    Start logging everything you consume and then make smaller changes like getting more protein, reducing portions of higher calorie foods and adding more vegetables to your day. Many find it helpful to prelog their food for the day. You don't need a special meal plan.

If you absolutely want meal plans you could search the internet for 1300 calorie menu (or whatever your goal is) and you can find many free sample plans.
    The original South Beach diet book has meal plans and recipes but when I logged a day of phase 1 I noted it was less than 1200 calories total so you might want to be aware of that and adjust amounts to fit your goal if you decide to do that. You can probably pick up a cheap copy of the book or see if your library has it.

https://kalynskitchen.com has lots of low carb friendly tasty recipes but does not give calorie counts. She has South Beach Diet recipes by phase.

https://www.skinnytaste.com has some meal plans, lots of recipes-many low carb friendly- with calorie counts. I believe her meal plans are not a full day of calories so would have to be adjusted to meet your goal.

Many recipe sites give calorie counts of recipes. Allrecipes does.
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    conica87 wrote: »
    I was going buy packaged meals. But too expensive...im looking for easy meal preps and exact things to eat every day. Any suggestions?

If you want something like the packaged meals you've seen, just note what is in them and prepare your own meals from what you see there. My best tip is to eat what you normally like to eat, but make portion sizes fit into your calorie goals. For me, that is the easiest "diet" to stick to for the long haul :)