10lbs in 7 weeks

Options
Doable or not? Just wondering if this is reasonable rate of loss and has anyone done it ?

I'm not planning on cutting out any food groups (there is no life without carbs for me ) just deficit and up my workouts again.

I ve lost 10lbs and then just stopped while changing meds for my Bipolar ,increasing my hours at work etc and couldn't focus .I'm going away in 7 weeks and don't want another set of holiday pics where I look chubby and miserable

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you only have 10lb to lose it may be a little steep.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Yea I'm not cutting carbs ... that never ends well for me .

About to 15lbs to go but I would be more than happy with that 10lbs off
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? That is a bit on the aggressive side with not much to lose.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Doable but ask yourself if putting that additional stress on yourself, both physically and mentally, is worth it.

If you’re happy to put in the hard work - go for it! But don’t beat yourself up if you don’t get all the way to 10lbs. Celebrate your success (whatever it may be) and enjoy your holiday. A lb or two here or there is nothing.
  • passenger79
    edited June 2018
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What are your stats? That is a bit on the aggressive side with not much to lose.

I'm 5.5,148 lbs ,38y old .
  • passenger79
    Options
    Doable but ask yourself if putting that additional stress on yourself, both physically and mentally, is worth it.

If you’re happy to put in the hard work - go for it! But don’t beat yourself up if you don’t get all the way to 10lbs. Celebrate your success (whatever it may be) and enjoy your holiday. A lb or two here or there is nothing.

Thank you !
  • passenger79
    Options
    Thanks everyone for great tips,appreciate it.