New begining

Options
Hello from Southwest Michigan! I've been using MyFitnessPal for about a month now and am just now getting to finding my way around and maybe making new friends. I'm 55 years young and I really let myself go over the past few decades and am trying to learn to make myself a priority and working on getting myself into shape that I can be proud of. Say Hi sometime!

Replies

• Greg580
    Greg580 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are off to a great start! I am 56 years young, so we are just at the right age to make this work well.
  • slwhitter78
    slwhitter78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi back from Melbourne Australia!! Congrats on making the decision to make yourself a priority. It’s not an easy thing to do sometimes but so important. I am only in my first week but I am happy to be on the road to feeling better about myself. I have always had a habit of putting the needs of other before myself. I would feel almost guilty if I was taking time to do something for myself. This feeling of guilt was all my doing because my partner Bruce and my 17yo son would never begrudge me taking time for myself. It’s taken me really having to change my mindset. I have realised that it’s not selfish to take time for myself. It’s actually the most loving thing I can do because if I want to be there for them I need to be the happiest, healthiest version of me I can be.

That being said I still have to tell myself off at times because it’s easy for me to slip back into caring for everyone else but not caring for myself.

Well done again for getting the ball rolling and please feel free to add me as a friend. I think it’s great if we can all be there for each other on this journey.

Sam