Do I really have to eat all of these?

Options
2»

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    jdog022 wrote: »
    days like moving furniture or helping people move for 16 hours.. I never got 50 k steps. Curious to know what kinda activity got you 50k

same im a mover for work im out moving non stop and 45 min walk each way to work and i average half that...
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    The one time I hit over 50k steps, I ran a half marathon and had a busy 8 hour day in a restaurant. I'm curious myself.

A pint of Ben and Jerry's will get you a lot closer. Add on a sandwich and maybe a bag of chips or a protein shake and you're there.

the most I have ever got in was 25k and that was a chore
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,925 Member
    Options
    At 100 steps a minute (a moderate walk pace) 50K steps would involve about 8 hours of walking. Busy day. 8 hours of walking. Hard; but possible! And I would be checking for blisters!

To the OP: obviously if you're trying to gain weight you would need to eat back as many of your exercise Calories as you can!

Just as someone won't stop losing weight (long term) if they eat too much on a single day, they also won't stop gaining weight if they don't eat enough on just a single day.

But if under (or over) -eating turns into a pattern... well what happens then is obvious!
  • jmath0303
    jmath0303 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I typically average around 20-30k a day and just had some extra exercise and walking
  • jmath0303
    jmath0303 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do have a charge 2 so much step count is pretty accurate as well
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Tone down the movement if possible if you are consistently having trouble eating all of your calories. If this is a one time thing, you can split them among several days (on top of any step calories earn on those days) to make it easier.
  • Caralarma
    Caralarma Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't see why you should. If you are hungry, eat. But I don't believe in forcing yourself to eat just to reach a certain calorie goal. If anything you can use those left over calories later in the week when you really are hungry
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Caralarma wrote: »
    Personally I don't see why you should. If you are hungry, eat. But I don't believe in forcing yourself to eat just to reach a certain calorie goal. If anything you can use those left over calories later in the week when you really are hungry

For some people trying to gain weight it becomes very important to reach that goal. Otherwise you just won't gain. For many, leaving leftover calories usually ends up snowballing into an overwhelming number that becomes harder and harder to hit. Also there is only so much muscle you can build at once so eating let's say 3000 calories over your TDEE all at once regularly become a suboptimal way to gain muscle.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Caralarma wrote: »

OP is trying to gain weight. There is no "really hungry" for him with his current activity level and goals.