Costco kirkland protein bars

Options
candiceajay
candiceajay Posts: 5 Member
edited June 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I used to buy Quest bars but then found the costco ones to be similar and a lot cheaper. I went to buy them tonight..and they weren't in stock. So I asked and was told they are listed as inactive in ALL of Costco database. So they might not make a comeback at all. So...whats everyone's fav protein bar that actually tastes yummy not chalky?

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I just bought some today.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Aldi has Elevation protein bars that I think are delicious.
  • candiceajay
    candiceajay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I should add I am in Canada...so perhaps the US stores have them, but not here in Canada anymore...I dunno
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley peanut protein bars
  • BlessedMom70
    BlessedMom70 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars and Zone bars. Both are delicious!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Pure Protein that i buy at Costco.
  • mistypenningtongoin
    mistypenningtongoin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like to have a ONE bar, when I need some extra protein.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Try the 'smart for life' bars from Canada Costco online (can't find them in stores in BC anymore). They are similar to chocolate covered rice crispy squares.
    They have a good protein to cal ratio, 1:10.
    Builders, or Pure, are my fall backs depending on my protein needs.

Cheers, h.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    probably stopped selling them in Canada - just like Kodiak pancake mix and anything else we ever get that is good!

GNC has a ton of choices now and regularly mark down their Quest bars so I've been getting Quest bars for under $1 each when marked down - can't beat that!

Other good choices - Clif Builders, Pure Protein (cheap at walmart), Oh Yeah bars.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I used to buy Quest bars but then found the costco ones to be similar and a lot cheaper. I went to buy them tonight..and they weren't in stock. So I asked and was told they are listed as inactive in ALL of Costco database. So they might not make a comeback at all. So...whats everyone's fav protein bar that actually tastes yummy not chalky?

I love the kirkland/costco protein bars. Especially the cookie dough flavor. Hope they don't discontinue them. I was going to get some this week. :(
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Aldi has Elevation protein bars that I think are delicious.

This^. I buy their cookie dough protein bar. So good!

• chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    How much protein in the Aldi bars?
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    I have had and like both Quest Bars and the Kirkland Protein Bars, 60 Gram bars

Calories are very similar Q 200 / K 190
    Fat Grams Q 70 / K 60
    Protein Q 21g / K 21g
    Both are Gluten Free

Personally Quest offers a larger selection of tastes vs Kirkland only has Brownie and Cookie Dough (that i have found)

Either are great as a snack or something quick on the go to tide you over for a short while.

I get quest bars from Wal Mart which doesnt require the membership

Really it would boil down to consumer preference.

I like both and use both.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like lunette detour simple or smart bars, pure protein, rxbar, nugo slim, Luna protein... I do really like quest, so look for them on sale.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    JDMac82 wrote: »
    I have had and like both Quest Bars and the Kirkland Protein Bars, 60 Gram bars

Calories are very similar Q 200 / K 190
    Fat Grams Q 70 / K 60
    Protein Q 21g / K 21g
    Both are Gluten Free

Personally Quest offers a larger selection of tastes vs Kirkland only has Brownie and Cookie Dough (that i have found)

Either are great as a snack or something quick on the go to tide you over for a short while.

I get quest bars from Wal Mart which doesnt require the membership

Really it would boil down to consumer preference.

I like both and use both.

I found the cinnamon and peanut butter Kirkland bars once and now can't find them again. I liked both of those too.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I tried a few varieties including the Kirkland; the winner in my book is 'Smartforlife', also available at Costco, regularly discounted. You can get them on their own site but they are expensive
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    So, regretfully, the Smart for Life bars don't quite cut it for me because they not only derive a large share of their protein from Soy (first ingredient), but also rely on gelatin and collagen for their protein content.

**kittens** I am going to sound like an ad, and I don't even like them that much and think they're over-priced even though they're cheaper at Walmart as compared to anywhere else I've found... but the Mission 1 bars (I note that their cookie product has soy) only list whey and milk ingredients as a protein sources. And about the only "big" lie I can see is listing Isomalto-Oligosaccharides as 100% no Cal fiber when in actual fact they are digestible enough to provide almost 2 Cal per gram.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    The Costco Canada bar disappearance is a sadness compounded by sadness and a dose of **kitten** off when in March and April they were introducing new varieties in the US AND discounting the bars by ~33% while at the same time I couldn't find a single one to buy in Canada.

@middlehaitch I am on my way to check out the one you suggested. But most of the other bars mentioned above have a good amount of soy and for some NON scientific reason I feel I eat enough soy isolate out of all the foods it is added to without full disclosure... so I don't want a protein bar that primarily features soy protein (builders etc). The only bars in regular circulation that I've found that don't rely on soy are the Mission 1 bars ->not the cookies. Walmart, in Canada, cells a four pack of bars @ $9.99

I've given up on the Costco bars in Canada ever coming back into stock and I really wish they would answer WHY!

<grumble, grumble, sad, sad, **KITTENS**>

If it's any consolation, they seem to have completely disappeared from the U.S. Costco website as well. No "not in stock" or "backordered" or anything....just gone.

Bummer. I sure hope they bring them back.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    So, regretfully, the Smart for Life bars don't quite cut it for me because they not only derive a large share of their protein from Soy (first ingredient), but also rely on gelatin and collagen for their protein content.

**kittens** I am going to sound like an ad, and I don't even like them that much and think they're over-priced even though they're cheaper at Walmart as compared to anywhere else I've found... but the Mission 1 bars (I note that their cookie product has soy) only list whey and milk ingredients as a protein sources. And about the only "big" lie I can see is listing Isomalto-Oligosaccharides as 100% no Cal fiber when in actual fact they are digestible enough to provide almost 2 Cal per gram.

have you looked to buy them online through a Canadian website that sells supplements?? they are currently selling mission 1 bars for 14.99 for a 12 pack. I don't think I can post the actual website though without it getting flagged as spam! but if you look around a bit you should be able to find it fairly easily!