Critique please, I can take it :)

Options
tomjanecourtney
tomjanecourtney Posts: 97 Member
edited June 2018 in Success Stories
62 yrs old and 16st 2lbs.
Started healthy eating at around 2000 cals and joined a gym, weight training 3 times a week.
Unfortunately I haven’t got a pic from when I was over 16st, didn’t look in the mirror that often then, certainly didn’t take pics....
Pic from July 2017 when I got down to 13st 10lbs. A loss of 36 lbs in 15 weeks. Felt pretty good.

E9089_A22-1940-473_B-9_E0_E-7402_C5_EB1_EE6.jpg

Now June 2018 and I’ve stabilised at 12st 7lbs. Been on MFP continuously averaging 2150 cals P50 F20 C30. Gym 3 times a week. Some muscle definition appearing.
Dropped to 1900 cals for a month but no change so upped to 2250

3222_BF09-3101-4264-_B751-_CA6624_C49_F46.jpg

Both pics are relaxed, not tensing / posing ( specially the first one ;) )

Replies

• bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Yes you look better now! Get a tan and problem solved ;)
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    you look more defined - keep it up!
    although some ladies like a man with a bit of flesh on them.
    she will soon wonder why she thought that way, i bet!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Looking good. Good job! She’s just upset because she lost the handles.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    Options
    It's possible she's looking at your neck/clavicle area when making that judgement, which is where I see the most pronounced difference. I agree that she probably just needs some time to adjust to the new you :smile:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    i think you look fit and perfectly fine. i too like my chubby hubby... it is what he has always looked like and it would be hard to see him change. your wife will get used to the new you...and nice to know she loves you for you.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Well, you are more tanned in the first picture, so your wife is right about that.

I call the phenomenon "mid way jiggly": it's when you first lose weight and everything tend to get worse (you get jiggly), don't worry that's normal and it does get better. It's just that skin takes longer than fat to get to where you want it.

So keep working on it, and maybe get a a tan - darker skin tends to show off musculature better than lighter skin. You're looking great!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    62 yrs old and 16st 2lbs. Started healthy eating at around 2000 cals and joined a gym, weight training 3 times a week. Unfortunately I haven’t got a pic from when I was over 16st, didn’t look in the mirror that often then, certainly didn’t take pics .... Pic from July 2017 when I got down to 13st 10lbs. A loss of 36 lbs in 15 weeks. Felt pretty good.

Now June 2018 and I’ve stabilised at 12st 7lbs. Been on MFP continuously averaging 2150 cals P50 F20 C30. Gym 3 times a week. Some muscle definition appearing. Dropped to 1900 cals for a month but no change so upped to 2250

Both pics are relaxed, not tensing / posing ( specially the first one ;) )
    My wife has just said I look better in the before pic tanned and healthy but in the second pic I look scrawny and pale :(((((((

You're a naturally well-built man, only that with your 2nd photo - what will eventually become a lean defined body is evidently what your wife is highlighting. Possibly, the solution is to work towards bigger torso muscles (?) via some consistent and progressive weight training.
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great job! It just takes your loved ones a bit of time to the new you. It will be fine.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    You look good. Not much of that sought after V shape in the first pic but you can see it taking shape in the second. Keep working it.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations. :star: Your wife will get used to your new look. :)
  • Neiross1
    Neiross1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Try to get the same angel and lighting, other wise great work keep it going.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Ummm, you look younger now and you know what, brother...have you thought about shaving your beard off to match your new bangin' body. That would really blow everyone's bangs back. B)
  • tomjanecourtney
    tomjanecourtney Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Shaving my beard.... now there’s a thought :)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Good work! You are definitely looking better and healthier.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,140 Member
    Options
    Great progress...and don’t tan..skin cancer is no joke. (Sorry, but really isn’t.) Makes me sad, too, because I love the tanned look. Congratulations!!
  • avagrace44
    avagrace44 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look great, definition coming along nicely. Keep up the great work! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!