PSA, Alternate Title, "The Failed Experiment"

I've been at this for a long time. Counting calories, working out, eating at a consistent deficit for going on three years. And it's paid off. I lost 130lbs, went down 14 jeans sizes, and gained crazy confidence.

So I tried an experiment. No consistent tracking, no calorie counting, no weighing, no measuring, no stepping on the scale for one month. Figured I was pretty good at this, so why not?

The end result? I gained 8lbs. Granted, I'll guesstimate that 3 of those pounds are water retention, since I had pizza for dinner last night, but still. My clothes still fit, but I look softer. I can especially see it in my face and midsection. So, I'm back to tight tracking. I'll get back on my workout regime this week. I'm out of my comfort zone, in terms of my weight, so it's back to what I know works.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    Good for you!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    I scare myself most holidays when I forget to pack my kitchen scales. Guesstimating portion sizes and nutritional values for 14 days last November caused me to gain 10lbs. I really am terrible at eyeballing my food. And I lose 112lbs with pure CICO.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    I am sure to get woo's here, but, I remember reading some research by Kevin hall that talks about for every 2kg we lose, the body pushes us to eat 100 cals more than usual. So, not all your fault, blame our biology to a point.