Looking for Running Accountability Friend

Options
Trying to stay on course with increasing my training. Anyone else?

Replies

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I've (amazingly) got kinda addicted to running, and I'm really good at nagging if that's any help? Feel free to add me. Do you have a fitbit? One thing I've found is fitbit step challenges often force me to go for an extra walk/run when I don't feel like it just cause that competitive streak in me can't bear seeing someone else ahead of me lol
  • Blonde_Runner615
    Blonde_Runner615 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay on course with increasing my training. Anyone else?

I run regularly but don't use a fitbit. What are your goals @mserickson99 ?
  • mserickson99
    mserickson99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to run 15+ miles a week but it’s more like 10 or less currently... I’m training for several half marathons.
    @Blonde_Runner615 @eleanorhawkins How many miles do you average per week? Do you run races?
    I have a Fitbit but have trouble finding friends who are within my range to compete with.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Hi, you might get inspiration from the "MFP Monthly Running Challenge" threads in the Challenges forum.

June's thread is here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10671082/june-2018-running-challenge

I've been a regular in the monthly threads for 2 and a half years, and know it's a very informative, fun, and supportive bunch of run nerds.
  • Blonde_Runner615
    Options
    I’m trying to run 15+ miles a week but it’s more like 10 or less currently... I’m training for several half marathons.
    @Blonde_Runner615 @eleanorhawkins How many miles do you average per week? Do you run races?
    I have a Fitbit but have trouble finding friends who are within my range to compete with.

I run 15-18 mi/week. I run 3 miles in 23-25 min 5 or 6 days weekly. I don't really race. I ran a couple of half marathons many years ago. I run for speed now.

have you done any shorter races @mserickson99 ? when is your first half marathon?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm not training for anything at the moment and I'm absolutely loving just running for running sake!
  • mserickson99
    Options
    @Orphia Thank you!
    @Blonde_Runner615 I’ve ran too many 5 & 10K’s to count. I’ve been running Half’s since 2015. My second one this year is the end of this month.
  • Blonde_Runner615
    Options
    @Orphia Thank you!
    @Blonde_Runner615 I’ve ran too many 5 & 10K’s to count. I’ve been running Half’s since 2015. My second one this year is the end of this month.

on the plus side, you won't get overtraining injuries! bust out a few good weeks, get a nice 10 miler in before the race, you're golden
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ok you ladies may be a little out of my league still but I'm chasing your tails! lol.
    At the moment I'm running 5km 3-4 times per week, the plan for the summer (temps are generally over 100f here so I pretty much have to get out before the sun does to run in July or August) is to consistently get out 4 times per week. In September I aim to contine with the C210k programme (which I've put on the back burner after getting to where I can run for about 30-35 minutes without breaks) and to enter at least one 5k per month. Longer term goal will then be to start running longer races.
  • Wiedzma_Agata
    Wiedzma_Agata Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Currently training for my first ever marathon in August (nearly here! :o ) I'm dreading it and can't wait at the same time.
    Feel free to add me!
  • mserickson99
    Options
    That’s incredible. I’m hoping to work up to training for my first Marathon but it’s so intimidating...but then again I used to think I’d never be able to run a Half.