For Women

Options
2»

Replies

• BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I used to gain like 5 lbs a few days before my period..

I still feel awfully bloated for some reason though. I just can't place why....
  • mariabowskill7
    Options
    think we all gain a bit during this time, like most people say, step away from the scales
  • mariabowskill7
    Options
    I get bloated and constipated the week before. Then, I get diarrhea and lose my appetite. TMI?

I am exactly the same
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I always have a bit of a bounce, and then a 'whoosh' on the scale when it wraps up. That's today actually and I hit a new low, by a whole pound, this morning. I'm in maintenance and not even trying to lose weight anymore :tongue:
  • Lanaye912
    Lanaye912 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes I gain about 2,3 lbs
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    3-8 lbs, I avoid the scale like the plague before, during and just after TOM :grumble:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    You gain weight on your period? Weird.
  • brandyme
    brandyme Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Ugh... unfortunately TOM makes me gain a few pounds, bloat, and worst of all it makes me more hungry. :grumble: Oh and I get cranky, LOL, irrelevant in this context but still... :devil:

The upside is that when it's over I drop a few extra pounds, so I feel accomplished and ready to go again.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    3-8 lbs, I avoid the scale like the plague before, during and just after TOM :grumble:

TOM Sawyer or TOM Hanks?

Ben & Jerry usually do it for me, but never TOM.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Awe. First one? You'll get used to it
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I used to gain until I ramped up my exercise/cardio the days before, drank more water and avoided salty and heavy foods. Exercising (brisk walking/jogging or running) starting the week or days before my cycle and during almost completely tooking cramping away during the day. I still have a bit in my sleep but nothing a Motrin doesn't fix.
  • KimLoves2Run
    KimLoves2Run Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I guess this post made me sound stupid. I should have explained more.

As a nineteen year old I am well aware of how the menstral cycle affects the body, however expericence varies through different women. I was more just curious to see how many women experience the bloating/ weight gain and to what extent. Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and how you deal with the weight gain and bloat.

It is comforting to know how many others deal with it and how to handle it! I never pay to much attention to the weight and bloat until I'm trying to drop weight for track. So it becomes frustrating and discouraging. Sometimes I need a reminder that it happens to many other women and it is normal so I don't become discouraged.

Thank you all so much!