Question about weight gain

Options
I do daily weigh ins and am trying to gain a pound a week. Since last week I have gained about a pound a but all of that came from yesterday to today. Should I assume that's water weight?

Replies

• lauraslow7
    lauraslow7 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Did you eat high carb yesterday compared to usual? Could just be no bowl movement. Try to limit how often you weigh yourself and if it's not working increase calories by 50 a day till you see scales movem
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    What's the reason for the pound a week gain goal? The faster you gain, the more fat you'll gain, not extra muscle.
  • jmath0303
    jmath0303 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    lauraslow7 wrote: »
    Did you eat high carb yesterday compared to usual? Could just be no bowl movement. Try to limit how often you weigh yourself and if it's not working increase calories by 50 a day till you see scales movem

I have been maintaining all week up until yesterday. I just started two weeks ago so I am trying to find the right amount of calories to gain
  • jmath0303
    jmath0303 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    What's the reason for the pound a week gain goal? The faster you gain, the more fat you'll gain, not extra muscle.

I want to gain about 20 pounds. I feel like 20 pounds would take forveer at .5 pounds a week haha
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    jmath0303 wrote: »

I want to gain about 20 pounds. I feel like 20 pounds would take forveer at .5 pounds a week haha

but do you want to gain fat or muscle?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    If you are male, newer to lifting and gaining cycles, fairly lean.. 1lb per week is fine but I wouldn't go higher than that otherwise it will be a lot of fat gain.

Keep tracking .. if you just started its normal for weight to jump up a bit in the beginning.