tips needed

Hi All,
came back here, but this time I am dedicated to succeed.

BUT, I need tips.

who was like me before, closest to the 300 marks than the 200 mark?

how did you got motivated to move each day?
how did you got your craving to go away?
what was your exercises when you first started?

sick of being a couch potatoe but I don't have it in me ( YET) to go for a jog...
I need baby steps but steps that count,
what tips can you give me if you was close to 300 before and are now in ONEderland?
I need serious friends who can help me and support me as I can support them.
Not here to click on the " would you go on a date with the person above" type of things, I need friends that can give me motivation or good tips!
and great success stories!

Replies

• Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Hello and welcome back!!

I am a little different... I started closer to the 400 mark than the 300 mark :grimace: and I am still well on my way, but now closer to the 300 than the 400.

Motivation comes from within. As much as your significant other, your kids, your friends, people on MFP can motivate you... the vast majority comes from YOU. You have to want this, and you have to want it for the right reason. My motivation is to make me a better me. And if all that comes together, it benefits everyone in my life.

I mentally changed my relationship with food. I realized that - while it can taste delicious - food is a fuel for my body. That is honestly what food is. I don't view it as a reward, a punishment or anything else. If I want something, I eat it and work it into my calories. But with my new mindset, I rarely want or crave anything.

My first exercise was walking. Just walking... it is one of the least impactful on your joints, easiest to do almost anywhere, and is a great way to start. Anytime I've "started over" I have walked as a first exercise before moving on to strength training, running, or anything else. I also think swimming is a great beginning exercise. You could try the C25K app on your phone, it is a great way to build up your endurance to run an actual 5K!

Just remember that every step forward is another step away from the past. Don't worry if you only take one small step, it is in the right direction. And don't worry if you stumble, because you can always choose to get back up and continue down that path.

I had a great success story about 8/9 years ago where I lost 150 pounds, and at that time I did it for my kids instead of for myself. And while it was awesome, it didn't stick. I truly believe it will this time because I am doing it for me.

Good luck! You can add me if you like and I will do what I can to motivate.