You called me fat, now you want my advice.

Options
MeIShouldB
MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
So there's a particular person who has always made a point of reminding me of my weight and criticizing my food choices. As I have lost weight this person has put on about 20 and is now ask me for advice. But here's the kicker: I think she's looking for my answer to be a pill, drink, or miracle. When my answer was "Exercise and diet" she gave me the "WTF" face. Why is that so hard to believe? Similar experiences anyone?

Replies

• mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Divorce?
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    Divorce?

Confused....
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It probably wasn't the answer she was hoping to hear. It takes time for diet and exercise to show results. She may be looking for a quick easy fix. Regardless, if she was calling you names like fat, she isn't worth your time.

MB
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    LOL then that's exactly the advice you give her, or you could be mean and tell her to drink goat urine everyday. Good luck finding a goat with a full bladder.
  • shareces
    shareces Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Same happened to me but the person was geniunely concerned. My mom. Lol. When i hit 190lbs back in 04 she shared her disgudt for my size at the time, but started to see that really she has always had issues w/ her weight so she was def projecting that onto me, but i do think a piece of her was genuinely concerned because i had been heavy before, but not that heavy. I have small fram,e and im 5'4. Now shes asking me for help on her weightloss. I tell everyone who mentions that they want to loose weight: its a personal journey. Your mind has to be made up.
  • TheKookieKiller
    Options
    I have a slightly similar experience. I was chubby as a child and a certain adult was always quick to make comments because she thought she was skinny. When I became a teenager, I filled out and started losing my baby fat, this woman was fixing to enter menopause and gained 50 pounds. She started asking me for advise on how to lose weight. I should have told her to hit puberty instead of menopause but I didn't, I was nice. But inside I was saying KARMA!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Yeah! From my husband! He gave me crap about having fries or drinking a hot chocolate and only doing 30 minutes workouts. Now I'm losing weight and showing the results way faster than him and he's all confused! Lol. He's still very happy for me and tells me all the time how great I'm doing, but he still teases me that I made a deal with the devil to see changes so quickly. I told him that I just watch my calories and put in a ton of effort into my workouts without over doing it. I'm also doing Body Revolution which is a really well rounded workout plan. He has started using a similar program and hopefully will start seeing the same type of results. It's always great to watch someone eat their words. Even if it is someone you love!
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Good on you for being so polite! I do think I would have been if I were in your position! :wink:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    my sister has asked a billion times how I stay slim.
    she refuses to believe I don't starve, purge or pill.

I know exactly what 'wtf' face you mean! with a hint of 'yeah right!' thrown in.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    my sister has asked a billion times how I stay slim.
    she refuses to believe I don't starve, purge or pill.

I know exactly what 'wtf' face you mean! with a hint of 'yeah right!' thrown in.

LOL YES!
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Remind her of her weight and criticise her food choices seems like the obvious thing to do.
  • chancock6
    Options
    You're a better person than me. If someone treated me like that, they wouldn't be my friend for long.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    Your mind absolutely has to be MADE UP. I have two co workers who tell me all day every day, you are my motivation..and I see them doing absolutely nothing. So like wtf? To each their own. I have no control over others. I can just do me and lead by example. If they want it bad enough they will figure out what they need to do, to get it done.