Intermittent Fasting?

Has anyone attempted this? Any tips? I've just started and I'm trying to eat 1250 cals from 12pm - 8pm. So far I'm doing okay. I'm finding weekends are my weakness.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    The great thing about weightloss is that you just have to eat less, you can eat whatever and whenever you like.

I usually eat all my meals from 9 am to 5 pm. It's just a meal schedule. I have to eat some time.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I skip breakfast every day, and skip lunch on non-lifting days...I would skip lunch every day, but I can't eat enough in a snack and dinner to get all the food I need...I do find it convenient not to have to worry about lunch every single day, and I like having bigger meals in the evening since that's when my appetite naturally kicks in anyway.

For weight loss, what and how much you eat is way more important than when you eat - so do whatever fits your lifestyle better. Sustainability is key.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, I did it for a while but it didn't suit me. It did help me eat a bit more mindfully though.

What's the problem with weekends?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss. With that said, some people do find that intermittent fasting helps them with satiety and/or adherence, which is a good enough reason to do it if it works for you.

I do 16:8 IF about 90-95% of the time. I've gained weight, lost weight and maintained weight while doing it. No matter what, it still all comes down to the calories.