Help !

Options
I’m looking for some kinds drink that I can half for breakfast or lunch instead of a meal that will fill me up but it’s also low in calories an carbs !! Help !

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I cant think of any liquids that are particularly low carb, why does it have to be a drink?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Things that fill people up and keep them satiated vary from person to person. I suppose you could look into whey protein shakes, bulletproof coffee, or fat bombs, but I'm not sure if any would fit into your calorie goals. Generally things that fill people up come with a bit of a calorie cost, but ymmv.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I have a protein smoothie for breakfast - 1 scoop protein powder of your choice, 1 cup of berries, 1.5 cups milk/milk sustitute/water ends up being around 220-250 cals/serving and keeps me full until lunch. The protein powder I use is vegan and sweetened with stevia so ends up around 20g carbs (including the berries) and 10g of sugar (all from the berries)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,011 Member
    Options
    9654a93ddb5c1ccaa6198dd1fbdb9316.png
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Make a smoothie. This is one is under 400 calories.

1 cup almond milk
    1 scoop flavored protein powder (switch up flavors for variety, you can buy single serve packs at Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, sports stores etc)
    1 handful of spinach
    1/2 avocado or 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 tbsp nut butter
    vanilla extract
    cinnamon
    ice
  • SucceedwithChrissy
    SucceedwithChrissy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Premier protein shakes
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I mostly prefer real food, but on occasion, I will make a smoothie if I'm short on time and need to eat on the run.

1/2 Avocado
    1C coconut milk
    2T cocoa powder
    1C kale/spinach
    1/2C berries
    1 Scoop Collagen Peptides
    Handful of ice
    Splash of Almond or Vanilla Extract

Blend and go!