Pregnancy and macros

I need some help figuring out how much i should increase my calories and macros during my 2nd trimester. During your 2nd trimester is when i read you should up them. Here’s what i consume now weighing at 205 goal weight was 160 I’ve love 25lbs

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2018
    I agree to talk to your dr although I’ve heard general advice is 500 extra (above maintenance) In your third trimester and maybe 250-300 in your second.
  • Gracecakes29
    Gracecakes29 Posts: 11 Member
    I definitely will
  • aupston
    aupston Posts: 44 Member
    Talk to your doctor.....but please be aware that one of the things about the weight gain does is prepare your body for breastfeeding. I was healthy and the baby had good weight gain but I didn’t have enough goodies stored to produce enough milk. I attribute part of my issue to not storing enough to breastfeeding effectively.

A doctor or midwife will help you get the info you need to make good choices for you and your baby.

Good luck and happy Pregenzer
  • EmmaCaz4
    EmmaCaz4 Posts: 113 Member
    Speak to your doctor/midwife to ensure you're doing right by you and baby. My midwife & I agreed I didn't need to up mine at all in my 2nd trimester. It all depends on individuals and ensuring you're getting what you need.

I'm currently 38weeks pregnant and I was eating 1900cals for maintenance before I fell pregnant and up until the 3rd trimester, only upped by 200cals at around 28/30weeks.

My macros were more protein and fat based but I upped my carbs to between 40-50% and split the rest between protein and fats.

I've only just stopped training last weekend and was eating back most of my exercise cals too just to give you an idea :) x