BARRE Method Workout - Love it or Hate it?

Gngr09
Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
considering signing up for BARRE Method workout classes. Need your thoughts....

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    I tried Pure Barre. I'm pretty fit but it was TOUGH. I would've dreaded those classes. They are very effective, though. You can try a free barre workout free online and see if that style of training appeals to you.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    edited June 2018
    I tried it once. Never again. It was super intense and took me 3-4 days to recover. The class was labeled for "All Levels" of fitness. I've been sticking to kettlebell classes lately and they are pretty fun and easily customizable since you get to choose your weight.
  • duzer3577
    duzer3577 Posts: 1 Member
    I LOVE Bar Method classes—have not tried the other Barre studios, but think Bar Method does an excellent job of teaching good alignment. Really feel like I am gaining functional strength with little stress on my joints. Be sure to talk to the teachers in advance to learn how to modify—will make starting out much better
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i've attended a few barre related aerial yoga classes-used the hammock instead of bar and they were tough but fun

if you enjoy those style of classes then they are great. the best classes are ones you enjoy w/e they might be
  • kdillon606
    kdillon606 Posts: 14 Member
    Barre was my favorite class until I couldn't afford it anymore. I have trouble with motivation unless i'm in person in a class. Hard but great for toning and feeling like you actually did something. With any class though it depends on the teacher.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    I've done barre. I don't hate it but I prefer cardio and interval and weight classes.
  • Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2018
    I LOVE Barre. I’ve been doing Pure Barre 2- 3 x a week for a little over a year and I can’t believe what a difference it’s made in my body composition. It’s the only type of exercise I’ve ever done consistently and long term. It’s a full Body workout, and the instructors change things up all the time. It never gets easy—you get stronger.