Is this normal?

Options
So for dinner tonight I had a Smart Ones frozen dinner (rice and beans) and 14 almonds, and afterwards I felt so full. I felt as if I had just finished a massive Thanksgiving dinner rather than a little frozen dinner with some almonds. Is my stomach really that small? How long did it take for your stomach to shrink after adapting a low cal diet?

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yes, my stomach has shrunk a lot. And almonds make you VERY full. They have a lot of calories.

Anything that is the basis of a whole culture's cuisine is very filling and calorie dense. Rice, beans, and almonds are major parts of diets in Asia, South America, and the middle east. Are you surprised they're filling?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how few calories you eat daily. I would starve after one of those frozen dinners.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I - and my kids too - would be full (although I never at frozen dinners). But then I'd eat some more in a few hours.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    It's summer - I struggle to eat what I'm supposed to be eating, but that's from the heat which may or may not be part of what you're dealing with.