motivational partner?

Options
Anyone else starting at 160? I'm 5'6" and trying to get down to 135.

I'd really like someone to work with and do this together, because I'm feeling really scared. I've never exercised (purposely) in my life! I've never even been inside a gym... ://

Replies

• guif
    guif Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Anyone else starting at 160? I'm 5'6" and trying to get down to 135.

I'd really like someone to work with and do this together, because I'm feeling really scared. I've never exercised (purposely) in my life! I've never even been inside a gym... ://

Well I'm not 160, more like 180 started at 206, and little shorter 4'11". I am with you, the never exercised thing I agree with. It was scary to be honest, but I finally broke down and demanded my take me to some gyms and he had to talk to people because I was TERRIFIED! I decided on a gym because living in Florida, working out at home outside seemed like a suicide mission, and "going on run, or jogging' is a NO. As I tell my kids, "I don't run, I will not run, if I have to run someone is going to die. If I catch them in the first 1/8 of mile it will be them, we hit 1/4 I'm gonna die". I looked at reviews of different places some were ruled out because you had to pay monthly and they wanted the number not to a card but into your bank account. I don't think so. So we went to another gym and it was really cool. Made my husband do all the talking while I peaked around him looking at stuff.. We started working out, I chose a bike because treadmills lead to running... I looked over and there was a trainer working with a guy who was in a wheel chair. He was not a top peak wheel chair athlete like we see on TV, no it was an older man who was wheel chair bound and needed to get in shape, and another trainer was working with an older guy who had Downs Syndrome. I was like ok, if they can help them get in shape they can obviously help my clumsy out of shape self get going. We joined the next week I found out they were training for the Special Olympics when I was talking to one of the guys who work there. He ended up setting me up with a trainer who has got me going. He is cool, and doesn't judge me, but now teases me about being built like a little kid because he is having to constantly find ways to lower equipment or things to lift me up. But it is shall I dare say it.. FUN... I go see him tomorrow, and hopefully will see how much mass I have managed to lose this month.. So long as you don't mind shorter and fatter people I'm in!
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Same here. I started at 193-ish. I'm working on getting down to 135. So far, I'm adding exercise slowly. I'd be glad to have you as a friend and share experiences/motivation.