Essential Element

Options
Daily dedication is essential and what is needed even before our feet hit the ground each day. Habits reinforce what we do regularly but they do not replace the need for discipline of doing what we’ve determined to be beneficial. Stay focused only for today and let your todays write your story. Tomorrow isn’t an option.

Replies

• rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Don't knock tomorrow 'til you've tried it.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Don't knock tomorrow 'til you've tried it.

I have to wait 12hrs to try it .. and even then there is always a new one coming out
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @rianneonamission Cute. Why the snark?

Weight loss is loaded with people starting over tomorrow. It’s unnecessary. A lapse or mistake does not require a new start. All that is required is the determination of discipline to follow through with what we started: track it and keep going. The process is more important than the numbers.

Tomorrow never comes.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »

Tomorrow never comes.

Tomorrow comes with a possibility to be better, not with a possibility to start over. Grace and forgiveness towards oneself are very different things from black-and-white harshness and thinking perfection exists.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    @rianneonamission Cute. Why the snark?

Weight loss is loaded with people starting over tomorrow. It’s unnecessary. A lapse or mistake does not require a new start. All that is required is the determination of discipline to follow through with what we started: track it and keep going. The process is more important than the numbers.

Tomorrow never comes.

It wasn’t a snark, just a light hearted comment. Guess tone doesn’t always translate that well on ‘t interwebs.

In all seriousness though, I have my moments where I cannot get my *kitten* together on a certain day (e.g.: eating crap). Allowing myself to give in for one day to then go back to my ‘normal’ routine the next day really helps keep my mind focused long term. So don’t knock tomorrow ‘til you’ve tried it. It may work for you, it may not.

Point is, you don’t know. All these journeys are very individual. Some people have planned cheat days. Some people cut certain foods out of their diet. Some people create a large deficit, others create a small deficit. And some people panic when they go over their calories on one day, when others look at their weekly calories and allow their daily intake to be flexible within a weekly total. Everyone is different and has to find something that works for them, whether that means just focusing on today, on tomorrow, or on the entire week.