super serious question

Options

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off asking for winning lottery numbers. No one knows. And who cares anyway? What difference would it make if you knew the answer?

well i rather be the size i am now then be 125 pounds and look like a pile of wet mud cakes

You'd rather be overweight/obese than lose the weight, get fitter/healthier and deal with some loose skin for a bit.

huh.gif

What an odd perspective, huh? "I don't care if I die of a heart attack at 50, as long as my skin is taut over my fat body!"
  • sukti
    sukti Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I went from 215 to 127 in 14 months. I didn't have sagging skin, other than skin that saga from being 40 and having two kids... Go slow and you could be just fine.
    [/quot

Thank you so much for this. I am 45 years and am 194 lbs. And I am so scared that I will have sagging skin. :) but I will keep the faith and try to lose weight slowly.:smile:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off asking for winning lottery numbers. No one knows. And who cares anyway? What difference would it make if you knew the answer?

Exactly! Set and reach a goal! Worry about the residuals LATER! There are surgeries to get rid of that ****, ya dig?

thats the thing, i dont have surgery money, or time to heal

Then you probably don't have the money to cover the health risks associated with being so overweight. I'd stop worrying about the frivolous things and keep my eyes on the prize.

The real prize.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    As long as you lose at the recommended pace, I think you'll be fine. If you are worried, use it as incentive to do some resistance work along the way. Remember-anything you don't take off now is something you'll have to take off later. This concern won't go away, so you may as well just do it now.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Exercise and your body will be fabulous.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options

Exactly! Set and reach a goal! Worry about the residuals LATER! There are surgeries to get rid of that ****, ya dig?

thats the thing, i dont have surgery money, or time to heal

Well... NEITHER do I! lol But someday I WILL! How about change the mentality? Is this an excuse not to reach a goal? I'm confused :noway:
  • royalty819
    royalty819 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    No you definitely won't have loose skin its not even a possibility. I feel like you're looking for excuses not to lose the weight.

If i were looking for excuses, I wouldn't be walking 7 miles every day trying to loose this weight :) so ask, before you "feel" some type of way

it was just a concern that crossed my mind when i was watching "extreme weight loss"
  • royalty819
    Options

well i rather be the size i am now then be 125 pounds and look like a pile of wet mud cakes

You'd rather be overweight/obese than lose the weight, get fitter/healthier and deal with some loose skin for a bit.

huh.gif

FOR A BIT...

instead of giving a sarcastic, and insulting post, why couldn't you just inform me that the loose skin would only be temporary???

I have never been this big before, and i gained it really fast. SO excuse me for not being a "Weight loss professional" and I apologize for asking a simple question...

and yes, i would rather maintain my current weight and have tight skin, if the sagging skin was going to be permanent.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    No you definitely won't have loose skin its not even a possibility. I feel like you're looking for excuses not to lose the weight.

If i were looking for excuses, I wouldn't be walking 7 miles every day trying to loose this weight :) so ask, before you "feel" some type of way

it was just a concern that crossed my mind when i was watching "extreme weight loss"

First of all, you are watching an "extreme weightloss" show. There's a reason their skin is probably really loose.

Second, you said you'd basically just want to stay fat because of vanity.

Figure out what you want more. Heath or vanity than you'll have your answer if you should "risk" losing weight or "risk" staying as you are.

Edited to fix typo
  • royalty819
    Options
    Any way, thank you to all of you wonderful people who were informative and not sarcastic, or judgmental. I appreciate it, as this is my first time having to deal with losing a major amount of weight, and i had a simple question that needed a simple answer!
  • PikaKnight
    Options

huh.gif

FOR A BIT...

instead of giving a sarcastic, and insulting post, why couldn't you just inform me that the loose skin would only be temporary???

I have never been this big before, and i gained it really fast. SO excuse me for not being a "Weight loss professional" and I apologize for asking a simple question...

and yes, i would rather maintain my current weight and have tight skin, if the sagging skin was going to be permanent.

Nothing in my post was insulting. It was full of disbelief that the notion of being unhealthy was worth not having some loose skin.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options

huh.gif

Yeah that comment made me :laugh: :noway:
  • royalty819
    Options

huh.gif

FOR A BIT...

Nothing in my post was insulting. It was full of disbelief that the notion of being unhealthy was worth not having some loose skin.

the video clip itself, gives the impression that my question, and/or statement was stupid, or unworthy of being said. Instead of you just saying

"If you do have sagging skin, it will probably only be there for a bit, and should tighten up over time." or however else you want to say it.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

huh.gif

FOR A BIT...

the video clip itself, gives the impression that my question, and/or statement was stupid, or unworthy of being said. Instead of you just saying

"If you do have sagging skin, it will probably only be there for a bit, and should tighten up over time." or however else you want to say it.

No. that gif was..."Huh?" (or in other words...disbelief). If you took it the way you did, it was all on you. Best of luck OP :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Even at 209, you have a great shape and nice proportions. Go slow and steady, exercise, and you will look fabulous.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Walking 7 miles a day is massive overkill, and heading you in the direction of loose skin, burnout, or injury.

Go with a TDEE-20% calorie cut, lift some weights, do more moderate cardio and eat back the calories, and you'll get there healthfully and with low risk of loose skin.

Look, I'm not your best friend. I'm not going to snuggle you with platitudes of social niceties. I'm telling you the truth, whether you like it or not.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options

huh.gif

FOR A BIT...

AS someone who has that loose skin that you say looks like "a pile of wet med cakes" whatever the HELL that means, I would say that losing the weight is way more important than hanging onto it just to avoid a little loose skin. Also, since you mentioned that you gained it quickly and were never this big before, I will tell you this...

I am 5'4" and my highest weight was 250. I went from 125 up to 250 in approximately 2, MAYBE 2.5 years if I am being generous. Thats right, i doubled my body weight, partly due to pregnancies, partly due to depression. I immediately lost that weight, started losing about 2 months after my second was born (at age 21) and lost it all within about 1.5-2 years, I am now at 135. I have lose skin in my inner thighs and my stomach. do I dislike it? YEP! Did I HATE myself at 250 pounds? YEP! Would I go back to being 250 pounds to get rid of the loose skin? HELL NO!! Weight has been off for about 2-2.5 years, and I still have loose skin! It probably isnt going anywhere!

I was young, (I am still not even 26 yet) gained it fast, and lost at a pretty decent rate, not too fast... Still have loose skin.

Noone can predict what YOUR body will look like after you lose. So if you arent willing to take the risk, thats up to you. But HEALTHY and MORE FIT is WAAAYYYY better than staying bigger just to avoid loose skin. Many people here have it, and that "wet mud cake" comment was insulting!
  • royalty819
    Options
    Even at 209, you have a great shape and nice proportions. Go slow and steady, exercise, and you will look fabulous.

well thank you, thats the nicest thing i have heard all week. :blushing:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I tend to go through phases. I lose the fat, have a bit of saggy skin, it slowly tightens up. Don't be discouraged if you see saggy skin, it takes time to snap back!
  • Dorothy4208
    Dorothy4208 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I went from 215 to 127 in 14 months. I didn't have sagging skin, other than skin that saga from being 40 and having two kids... Go slow and you could be just fine.

How did you do it? How tall are you?
This discussion has been closed.