Options
13»

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    summpear wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhh.... I love the uber supportive community here at MFP :smile:

Yes, the link to the toasted ravioli was correct. Yes, it is delicious. I only discovered it about 2 years ago and it's one son's favorite. He opted for it instead of being taken out for dinner. We serve with warmed pizza sauce for dipping. And it's always an entree at our house (I don't do that much work for appetizers lol)

And just to say it: I'm well aware there are many ways to handle situations with unhealthy foods. Avoiding them is one extreme. Ignoring the repercussions and eating however many I want is another way. Taking the time to fill in my knowledge gaps to help me make reasonable, sustainable choices is how I'm handling it now. So yes, I made a conscious choice to eat 3 fried ravioli.. and then finish it off with 2 boiled ones (another kid detests fried ravioli so I boil some on the side already).

Oh... we skipped cake. Smart kid asked for peach and blueberry cobbler. And I just might have some for breakfast...

I like your style! (with the minor quibble about toasted ravioli being inherently "unhealthy" ;) )
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    You know you are raising a kid right when he skips cake for a version of a pie.

Another Pie Victory!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i dont really care for ravioli myself, though ill eat it. but now what i really want are fried pirogis.

i think i know what im having saturday LOLOLOLOLOL
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    i dont really care for ravioli myself, though ill eat it. but now what i really want are fried pirogis.

Do you mean breaded & fried pierogies or fried in butter fried? I don't think I'm down with the former simply because the latter is so good (especially when you include sauteed onions and sour cream into the mix).
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Toasted raviolis are a big thing in the Saint Louis area. You can get them at a lot of restaurants as an appetizer, and they sell them frozen. They can be baked, or fried. Lots of yummy deliciousness. :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »

Do you mean breaded & fried pierogies or fried in butter fried? I don't think I'm down with the former simply because the latter is so good (especially when you include sauteed onions and sour cream into the mix).

im thinking fried in butter fried. and dipped in ranch.

guess i could have a salad on the side. ;)

looks like ill be going to the 90 minute circuit training class saturday morning lololololololol
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Toasted raviolis are a big thing in the Saint Louis area. You can get them at a lot of restaurants as an appetizer, and they sell them frozen. They can be baked, or fried. Lots of yummy deliciousness. :)

They're evil is what they are. So friggin' deliciously evil.