My job was just terminated

Options
SuccessHere
SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
My job was just terminated yesterday afternoon.

Replies

• SuccessHere
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. What was your job?

I worked in elearning.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options

Are you going to change your screen name now?

JK man, trying to give you a little laugh. I also work in eLearning and am constantly getting the RIF vibe from administration. Keep the faith and make sure the resume is updated. On to bigger and better things.
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. I've been there and it sucks. Try taking all your stress and putting it into a hard workout - it'll distract you from eating, make you feel better, and burn some calories in the process. Best of luck to you in finding new employment!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Sucks. Have a good fat day today, take a nap, see a movie, get a few drinks tonight then look for new jobs tomorrow.
  • starfighter65
    starfighter65 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    Sucks. Have a good fat day today, take a nap, see a movie, get a few drinks tonight then look for new jobs tomorrow.

Yes , this is very good advise !
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I know how that feels, I wish you the best of luck getting back to work as soon as possible.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    When a door closes a new opportunity opens. Unfortunately life goes on and it's up to you how to figure out how to do it. IMO, there's usually nothing you could have done to prevent it, so buckle up your boot straps and pursue jobs you'd like to do if you can.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SuccessHere
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    When a door closes a new opportunity opens. Unfortunately life goes on and it's up to you how to figure out how to do it. IMO, there's usually nothing you could have done to prevent it, so buckle up your boot straps and pursue jobs you'd like to do if you can.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Excellent advice! Thank you!
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Nothing can be said to make you feel better at this exact moment but I have learned that some jobs I'm glad I was never chosen for that I went for and one I was asked to leave, I think God I didn't agree with the companies philosophy and got a better one. Sometimes things end for better beginning. Keep your self busy, get some fresh air and send that resume out to everyone that you can.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This

With the exception that instead of "unfortunately" , I would go with "fortunately"......

Sometimes I've thought: "what's the worst thing that could happen?" Then it actually happens.

Then we come thru on the other side of the event and we're wiser, stronger & better for it.

Best of luck moving forward.

That's exactly what I started typing! (the bold) Sorry to hear this, OP. What are your prospects? Can you take a little bit of time off to regroup?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    It's a tough time, but tough times never last..
    I hope you find a new and better job quickly. :) Good luck
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I am sorry to hear that. That must be stressful. But, you may now find a better job! :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    This is the best time in your life to be available for work.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    You got this. We got this. Ad nauseam. How does anyone know what 'we got'. Sorry this happened all at one time. There's one thing 'I got' and I'll ask that you get one. A job. No ciggies, mmm kay. Happy Father's Day.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options

what a crap thing to happen, I'm so sorry. I've been there. For me, I felt it was the best opportunity to step up my game and better myself. It's hard not to stress eat - I do that when *kitten* hits the fan lol. Hope you get that new and improved job asap! <3
  • Sesquy
    Sesquy Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Been unemployed since August here. Even with the job market stats touted in the US, it's horrid where I live; however, it's not the end. Just keep remind yourself this disappointment is only temporary and keep your chin up. You may not have had a choice leading to this situation, but you do have control over how you move forward!
  • AveriaKyle
    AveriaKyle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not a nice feeling to be laid off i suppose. Feel free to have some comfort foods for the day. Rmb to log those as well. But dont make it a habit on overconsumption. Resume your better food choices the next day. Your health is your priority yeah.