Who was the BEST teacher you ever had?

Options
rdevol
rdevol Posts: 278 Member
There's obviously a lot of great teachers out there who are caring people dedicated to educating their students and making a difference in their lives. Now that we've had a chance to rant about our worst teachers, lets give kudos to those great teachers who have been a great influence in our lives!

One of the best teachers I had was Mr. Birkholtz, who taught high school economics and government. He was a great teacher who used real-life applications to make the topics interesting and applicable to our lives. He was funny and really cared about his students, and also gave us a lot of practical, real-life advice.

Replies

• bhadbahabi
    bhadbahabi Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My English teacher in high school was so hot that I got A's in his class strictly because I wanted to impress him with my child brains. Best khakis in the game.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    12th grade American Lit. Teacher. He was aweeeesome!

Also my art teacher, he was a hippie, pretty sure he was stoned all the time. Super mellow, very inspiring artistically.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Mr. Brown, my high school Business Law teacher, who taught me that 'the benefit outweighs the risk, so always run from the cops' and 'there is no meaning to life.'
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    In grade school my 2nd grade teacher was great. She was a good teacher but also very warm and encouraging. I adored being in her class. Most of my teachers were fine and I have no complaints about them but she stands out.
    My college professors were all awesome.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    My film professor in college.

He was criminally insane, yet brilliant.
  • rdevol
    Options
    My third grade teacher, Mrs. Hamberg, was like a mom and a teacher all rolled into one. She would say "I like the way Johnny is working so hard." Then the rest of us would work so hard to be noticed by her next. A brilliant tactic. I just saw her a few years ago - when I was pushing 50 - and she knew who I was immediately. What a sweet lady! :)
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I always liked my sex ed teacher, he was a real hands-on kinda guy.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Gerry Dee.

q59u5hbxg8ge.jpg

He was my phys ed teacher in high school. Ok I duno about the best.. haha.. but it was fun times.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Garcia, my 11th and 12th grade English Teacher.

Some of the students thought that she was tough and mean, but she was preparing us for College and real life. She was an amazing teacher

So, I started sending her inspirational cards and letters, anonymously, and placed them randomly in the boxes for class paperwork. It was awesome to see her smile. Towards graduation night, she would say things that made me think she knew it was me the whole time. A teacher like that should never be unappreciated.
  • rdevol
    Options
    @ToniLeeAnn82: That's awesome that you did that! It has to be very gratifying for a teacher to know he or she is appreciated.
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    rdevol wrote: »
    @ToniLeeAnn82: That's awesome that you did that! It has to be very gratifying for a teacher to know he or she is appreciated.

I hope it was for her. :)
  • RastaLousGirl
    Options
    My biology teacher was awesome too. He actually trusted me to take the class guinea pig home for the weekend. Luckily, it survived.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Mr. Corona - 8th grade honors algebra

Mr. Bierbaum - 11th grade psychology
  • etmiller1975
    etmiller1975 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My wife honestly, she's taught me how to be a calm and peaceful human. But other than that, my highschool algebra teacher Mrs Nun. She always stressed no matter what you do, do it to the absolute Max effort that you can muster.